Copenhagen Business School PhD Scholarship in Professional and Corporate Networks in Denmark, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Professional and Corporate Networks taught at Copenhagen Business School . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is inviting applications for PhD scholarship in Professional and Corporate Networks. The Department will give priority to applicants with high grades from their universities.
The Copenhagen Business School (CBS) was established in 1917. Today, with 20,000 students and 1,500 employees, CBS is one of the largest business schools in Europe and one of the 8 Danish universities.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded within the field of organization studies in professional and corporate networks. In announcing a PhD scholarship in professional and corporate networks, the department wishes to strengthen interdisciplinary research in organizational and managerial processes and consequences. We are interested in projects that relate to and develop the department’s research profile.
- Examples of research themes that a scholarship might cover:
- The sociology of professions and sociology of expertise
- The role of careers and networks in the business organization
- The evolution of corporate networks and their organizational characteristics
- External and internal influences on the composition of corporate networks
A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent to ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 % of 85 percent of the base salary.
- The salary level and appointment are determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the Master’s degree before commencing PhD at CBS. The applicants must be fluent in English.
The application must include:
- A project description (max. 5 pages): This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and research methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan in form of a Gantt Chart, and finally a very brief outline of how the project would fit with the core areas of the department.
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Documentation for English language skills if English is not the mother tongue.
May 30, 2018