CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary for International Students at SOAS University in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters, PhD, Mphil level programm(s) in the field of Japanese Religions taught at University of London, SOAS . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Center for the Study of Japanese Religions (CSJR) Postgraduate Student Bursary is exclusively for international and UK students starting a full-time Postgraduate course in 2017/18. The bursary is enabled in the study of Japanese Religions.
The aim of the bursary is to encourage the study of Japanese Religions at international level.
SOAS University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. SOAS is top for teaching in London with a score of 90%. SOAS has more than 5,000 students from 133 countries.
The bursary is available for following programmes:
- Full-time or part-time MPhil/PhD in Japanese Religions (Department of Religions and Philosophies)
- Full-time or part-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa or MA Buddhist Studies intending to focus on Japanese Religions/ Japanese Buddhism
- Full-time or part-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa and Intensive Language (Japanese) intending to focus on Japanese Religions/ Japanese Buddhism
The bursary is awarded in the subject of Japanese Religions.
The bursary will cover the followings:
Numbers of Scholarships:
- The total value of the scholarship is £5,000 for one year only for full-time programmes, providing a contribution towards fees. For part-time MA programmes, the £5,000 will be paid over the duration of the MA programme (i.e. £2,500 per year over two years for a two-year part-time MA or £1,500 per year over 4 years for a 4-year part-time). For a part-time MPhil/PhD programme, £2,500 will be paid in year one and £2,500 in year two. If the successful candidate receives a grant to cover fees from another funding body, the bursary can be used towards maintenance.
One bursary is available.
Applicants must meet the following area for the bursary:
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record
- Taught Masters (MA) applicants must focus on Japanese Religions / Japanese Buddhism. Evidence of this should be included in the statement of their admission application.
- Taught Masters (MA) and PhD applicants should give evidence in the statement of their admission application of their ability to use sources in Japanese.
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas candidates.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission for one of the eligible programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 30 June 2017.
UK/EU and Overseas applicants can apply for the bursary.
Applicants should have a first or good second class honours bachelor’s degree from a UK university, or equivalent, in a subject appropriate to that of the programme.
English Language Requirement:
Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply through online mode.
- A complete application for admission includes transcripts
- An explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK.
- Two references
- CV, research proposal (MPhil/PhD applications only) and a personal statement.
The application deadline is June 1, 2017.
CSJR Postgraduate Student Bursary for International Students at SOAS University in UK, 2017 is available to undertake Masters, PhD, Mphil level programs at University of London, SOAS.