CUMT Scholarship in China for International Students 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
CUMT Scholarship : Scholarships in China
The China University of Mining & Technology (CUMT) offers annual scholarships to international students from across the world who intend to study at the University.
Since 2013, CUMT has launched a scholarship scheme, the CUMT Scholarship
, worth of RMB 5 million, which is aimed at attracting outstanding students to study at CUMT.
Course(s) Offered: All available fields
Course Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
Country to Study in: China
Criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- Prospective students of non-Chinese nationality who wish to pursue degree programs at CUMT.
- Applicants should meet the general admission criteria for international students.
- Applicants’ academic grade point average should reach above 75 out of 100.
- Two recommendation letters from your academic teachers / professors or employers.
- Applicants should observe the laws of China as well as the rules and regulations of CUMT.
Awards will be based on student’s merit and other specific judging criteria by CUMT Scholarship Committee.
Citizens of ALL countries
China University of Mining & Technology (CUMT), China.
The university consists of two parts: one located in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, the other located in Beijing.
Fields of study
All courses available at CUMT
Number of awards
CUMT provides scholarships for outstanding international students who intend to study at the University. The number of awards has not been specified by CUMT.
The scholarship is renewable annually depending on the comprehensive evaluation to the scholarship holders by CUMT.
You should be aware that you cannot fail any courses.
Additionally their academic performance of average score should be above 75 out of 100 or rank top 50% in all international students. Otherwise, the scholarship may be suspended.
Scholarship can be used to pay for full or part tuition, housing fee and other university charges. The balance will be transferred directly into student’s bank account
monthly except February and August.
There are two levels of scholarship categories
Chinese Language Scholarships
- Class A:
- RMB 20,000 per year for Bachelor students,
- RMB 22,000 per year for Master students ,
- RMB 24,000 per year for Doctoral students.
- Class B:
- RMB 8,000 per year for Bachelor students,
- RMB 9,000 per year for Master students, and
- RMB 10,000 per year for Doctoral students.
CUMT also provides a one-year scholarship for Chinese language learning. This scholarship aims to support those outstanding students who are accepted
by CUMT to degree programs
, but do not meet the HSK requirements.
- Class A is RMB 10,000,
- Class B is RMB 8,000.
The scholarship holders should sign a contract with CUMT to ensure that you will continue their degree programs at CUMT after completion of their Chinese Language learning.
If you drop out or transfer to other college/university due to personal reason, you must make compensation according to CUMT’s scholarship regulations.
Method of Application
should be submitted online
The required application
- CUMT Scholarship Application Form for International Students
- International Student Application Form.
- Personal Statement (500 words).
- Signed statement of family incomes in Chinese or English.
- Authorized Physical Examination Record for Foreigner.
- Copy of identification card or valid passport.
- Original academic transcripts, and copy of degree certificates.
- Two recommendations letters.
- Other academic awards or achievements which may support you.
Please note that all the academic transcripts mentioned above should be original. Send all the required documents by post to the mailing address. See PLEASE NOTE section below for more.
It is important to visit the official
website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this award.
The application deadline is 20 June.
Please note that all the academic transcripts mentioned above should be original.
All documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translations in Chinese or English. All the writing in the forms should be in printing and signed.
Any incomplete or invalid application will be rejected.
The application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
For the prospective students, admission results will be announced by International College no later than July 1.
China University of Mining and Technology (CUMT) is a national key university under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of China as well as a Project 211 and Project 985 university of China.
The university consists of two parts, one located in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province, the other located in Beijing with the name China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing (CUMTB). The latter is formerly the Graduate School of CUMT. CUMT is a leading multi-disciplinary polytechnic university with mining features.
20 June 2015
Open to International Applicants:
More Scholarship Information and Application