DAAD Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in Architecture, Germany, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Graduate level programm(s) in the field of Architecture taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships that offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to foreign graduates.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international student’s und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind. We also promote internationalization efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programs abroad.
Scholarships are available to graduates.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Architecture.
- A monthly payment of 750 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Contribution towards tuition fee (max. 500 euros per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period.
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
In this study program, you can complete
- A Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- A complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
- At a state or state-recognised German university of your choice.
This program only funds projects in the area of Design/Planning. Other DAAD scholarship programs are available for applicants from the field of History of Architecture or applicants with a scientific project.
Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
Scholarship application deadline is September 30, 2017.