Diamond Bank Ltd Scholarships for Nigerian Students is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Building Entrepreneurs Today (BET) Business Grant
Capacity building / Training
Provider: Diamond Bank
Country to Study in:
Do you have an innovative business that needs funding?
BET – Building Entrepreneurs Today
– marks a great opportunity for entrepreneurs all over Nigeria to present their businesses and innovation and have the opportunity of being selected as one of the top 50 businesses that will be provided with extensive
training, mentoring and advisory by the Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Pan African University
, with the top 5 businesses winning 3 Million naira each
The first phase of the BET programme commenced in 2010 with Diamond Bank empowering 5 entrepreneurs with growth capitals of N3 million each after they emerged top 5 from rigorous business training at the Enterprise Development Centre (EDC)
Application to the BET programme is open to the general public, however, the selection criteria must be met.
- Applicant must have a fully functional business (at least 3months in operations)
- Applicant MUST not have attended any entrepreneurial Management program at EDC.
- The business must have high growth potential.
Only Citizens of Nigeria are eligible to apply.
Diamond Bank, Nigeria; AND
Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), The Pan African University, Lagos.
Fields and Industries
This programme presents a great opportunity for entrepreneurs in the following industries:
Number of awards
- fashion and lifestyle,
- information and communication technology
Every entrant has the opportunity of being selected as one of the top 50 businesses
This programme offers a ONE-TIME financial grant.
However, EDC will be responsible for selecting the best 50 entrepreneurs that will partake in the 3 months
Capacity Building Program at the Enterprise Development Centre of the Pan African University. There will also be a 6 months
Intensive Business Development Support Service period for 15 top participants.
The top 50 selected businesses will be provided with extensive training, mentoring and advisory by the Enterprise Development Centre
with the top 5 businesses winning 3 Million naira each
CAPACITY BUILDING PHASE:
During the 3 month Capacity Building Phase, the 50 participants will enjoy the following:
- EDC networking meeting
- Business advisory and counseling session
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PHASE:
From the 50 entrepreneurs, 15 will be selected as Top Breed Students and will further be engaged in an Intensive Business Development Support Service for another period of 6 months. This set of 15 students shall be provided with the following services;
- A quarterly consulting session to be provided by experts in various fields
- Provide monthly monitoring contacts with mentors for participants
- Provide a mentor for each participant who shall be a second year MBA student at the Lagos Business School.
- Organize a platform for participant’s review of their plans with the University.
NEXT LEVEL AWARDS:
From the 15 Top students entrepreneurs, EDC will select 5 outstanding entrepreneurs that will be given the “Next Level Award
”. Diamond Bank will reward the 5 outstanding entrepreneurs with a sum of N3 million Naira each as their growth capital for their businesses.
Method of Application
- An Award / Prize Presentation ceremony will be organized by the Bank to showcase the 5 outstanding entrepreneurs to the general public.
To apply to this business grant award programme, do the following:
- Create and upload your 60 secs video
- Fill your BET online application and include your YouTube link
- Once you have successfully submitted your entry, get all your friends to vote.
- The top 300 entries will be contacted.
Please visit the official Diamond Bank BET website (link to it is below) for complete details and to apply online
The submission period runs from 9th June – 23rd July 2015
Lots of people will be voting for their favorite entry so make sure your video is fun, creative or innovative
Building Entrepreneurs Today (BET) programme is one of Diamond Bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility
initiatives aimed at generating interest in entrepreneurship. Since 2010, we have partnered with the Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of the Pan Atlantic University in training and nurturing micro, small and medium scale businesses under the BET programme.
The BET programme is an annual capacity building and business education project which involves the training of fifty (50) budding entrepreneurs over a period of six (6) months after which the top five (5) entrepreneurs are awarded Three Million Naira (N 3,000,000) grants to take their businesses to the next level. This annual initiative has contributed immensely to the pool of skilled small and medium scale entrepreneurs as well as enduring wealth creation in the country.
The Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) is a leading enterprise centre in Nigeria and indeed within the African continent. Established as a University connected enterprise center in 2003, EDC is a unit of the Pan-Atlantic University that provides a holistic approach to enterprise development.
Diamond Bank Plc., is a full-service Nigerian bank. It is one of the twenty-five (25) licensed commercial banks in the country.
23 July 2015
Open to International Applicants:
No (ONLY Nigerians)
More Scholarship Information and Application