DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Germany 2017 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is inviting application from highly talented and motivated young scientist to the German Cancer Research Center. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The aim of research at the DKFZ is to unravel basic mechanisms of cancer development and to translate these new insights into novel diagnostic tools and strategies for cancer therapy and prevention. The DKFZ is Germany’s leading Cancer Research Center situated in the biomedical campus of the Heidelberg University in close vicinity to Heidelberg’s city centre.
The DKFZ is Germany’s leading Cancer Research Center situated in the biomedical campus of the Heidelberg University in close vicinity to Heidelberg’s city centre. More than 2,000 staff members, including 850 scientists, are engaged in researching the mechanisms of cancer and are working to identify risk factors.
A language test for English is requested for all applicants except those coming from German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), as well as native English speakers from Australia, Canada, Ireland, UK and the USA.
Fellowship is available for pursuing Postdoctoral program.
The DKFZ has strong research programs in the following topics
- Cell Biology and Tumor Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology
- Structural and Functional Genomics, Systems Biology
- Epidemiology, Cancer Risk Factors, Cancer Epigenomics
- Tumor Immunology
- Imaging and Radiology, Medical Physics
- Infection and Cancer, Tumor Virology
- Translational Cancer Research.
Salaries are competitive by national standards and are negotiated and confirmed during the recruitment phase should a fellowship be offered. The fellowships are offered for the duration of two years.
Scholarship can be taken in the
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship
A qualification equivalent to a Ph.D. or MD is a prerequisite for all applications. Candidates should document their successful previous research endeavours with publications. The candidates should be at an early stage of their career, having held a Ph.D. for no longer than 2 years. The fellowship is not open for internal candidates unless they have been recruited within the previous 6 months.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A qualification equivalent to a Ph.D. or MD is a prerequisite for all applications.
English language and Test Requirements: A language test for English is requested for all applicants except those coming from German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), as well as native English speakers from Australia, Canada, Ireland, UK and the USA. If their studies were in English, then please upload a PDF document from their University (or Director of Studies) in which this is stated and select “Degree in English” in the section “Proof of English” in the online application system.
The following proof of English is accepted (new requirements since March 2016)
How to Apply:
- TOEFLtest with a score of 95+ (internet-based), 240+ (computer-based) or 587+ (paper-based)
- IELTScertificate with a band score 7.0+
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- If they do not have the official report yet, they can upload a screenshot of their results as a PDF document of not more than 3MB. If they are invited for the interviews taking place in Heidelberg, DKFZ expects applicants to provide us with the official report.
The complete application should be submitted as a single PDF file to
The following documents should be provided as one single PDF file
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- One-page statement of research interests
- Copy of the latest degree certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
- A list of three division or research groups in which the applicant would like to work should a fellowship be offered. Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders before application to discuss potential projects.
- Applications need to be submitted in English.
Fellowship application deadline is August 31st, 2016.