DLR–DAAD Research Fellowships for Non-German Citizens in Germany, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of Space sciences taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The new “DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships” are now available on offer in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The German Aerospace Center (DLR) is the national aeronautics and space research center of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its extensive research and development work in aeronautics, space, energy, transport, digitalization, and security is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Research Area: Space
Research Topic: Application and comparison of different kinds of Digital Elevation Models from satellite data including the panoramic camera scan from CORONA data for cultural heritage sites monitoring.
Number of Scholarships:
|Possible Additional Payments|
(plus allowance for materials of 102 Euros)
|e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances|
One opening is available.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Required Qualification: The candidate should have a strong background in mapping archaeological sites by using GIS and remote sensing technology. A high level of publications in international journals and conferences is expected.
Advantageous Skills: Good knowledge about mapping landscape deformation and assessing types and changes of landform.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/Ph.D./Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: Applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- Not be of German nationality.
Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD online portal
. You are also requested to send the “Application Summary” (pdf file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by email to dlr-daad-program-at-daad.de. Furthermore, your referees should send the hard copies of the letters of recommendation to the application address by post
Fellowship application deadline is September 10, 2017.