Doctoral Research Fellow in Practical Philosophy at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Practical Philosophy taught at University of Oslo . The deadline of the scholarship is .
A Doctoral Research Fellowship (SKO 1017) in Practical Philosophy is available at the Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must have master’s Degree or equivalent in philosophy. The Master’s Degree must have been obtained by the time of application.
Degree Level: Fellowship is provided for pursuing the PhD programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Practical Philosophy at the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Salary level 432 700 – 489 300 (pay grade 50 – 57, depending on qualifications)
- A professionally stimulatinging working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in philosophy. The Master’s Degree must have been obtained by the time of application.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- The applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame
- The applicant’s ability to complete research training
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may be given preference.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online. Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position
- Curriculum Vitae (complete list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications)
- Transcript of records of your Master’s degree. Applicants with education from a foreign university are advised to attach an explanation of their university’s grading system
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project
Deadline: The applications deadline is February 15, 2017.