Doctoral Research Fellowship in Political Philosophy at University of Oslo in Norway, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Oslo . The deadline of the scholarship is .
A Doctoral Research Fellowship (SKO 1017) in Political Philosophy is available at the Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, University of Oslo. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
Degree Level: Fellowship is provided for the doctoral research programme at the University of Oslo.
Available Subject: Fellowship is available in political philosophy at the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Salary level NOK 432 700 – 489 300 (pay grade 50-57, depending on qualifications)
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in philosophy or other relevant discipline. The Master’s Degree must have been obtained by the time of application.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- The applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame
- The applicant’s ability to complete research training
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities
Applicants who have recently graduated with excellent results may be given preference.
Eligible Nationalities: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
Application Procedure: The mode of applying is online. Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Application letter describing the applicant’s qualifications and motivation for the position
- Curriculum Vitae (complete list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications)
- Transcript of records of the applicant’s Master’s degree. Applicants with education from a foreign university are advised to attach an explanation of their university’s grading system
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (3 – 5 pages)
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Educational certificates, master theses and the like are not to be submitted with the application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works later.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 1, 2017.