Doctoral Scholarship in Physics and Mathematics of Information, Portugal,2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of Mathematics, Physics taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for the doctoral scholarship programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information: Foundations of Future Information Technologies (DP-PMI) in Portugal. Applicants of any nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information: Foundations of Future Information Technologies (DP-PMI) aims at providing advanced curricular and research training in the recent developments and fundamental challenges in information sciences and technologies.
The Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information: Foundations of Future Information Technologies (DP-PMI) will promote the mobility of its students, who will be expected to spend a period of their doctoral studies visiting an international research group, member of the DP-PMI Network.
Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Scholarship is awarded in the Physics and Mathematics of Information: Foundations of Future Information Technologies.
Scholarship Benefits :
The standard DP-PMI Scholarships are four years-long and include:
- A monthly stipend of 980 Euro (tax-free);
- The tuition fees of the doctoral degree (up to the month of the thesis defence);
- social security;
- Insurance for accidents at the workplace throughout the period of the scholarship;
- Moving subsidy, for students moving to Lisbon from abroad;
- Travel funds to present work at international scientific conferences.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
To be admitted to the Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information, the students must have a Masters degree in Science or in Engineering, namely in Physics, Mathematics, Information Sciences, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in some other relevant scientific area. Students with only a bachelor degree may also be admitted in exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, the candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English.
Applicants of any nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. The Outgoing DP-PMI scholarship is open only to permanent residents in Portugal (regardless of their nationality).
To apply, please submit your application form online
- The application form is composed of three parts:
- A personal information form which you should fill in and save to make step 3 available.
- The upload of the following compulsory documents, in PDF format:
– DP-PMI Candidate Form stating your preferred degree within the DP-PMI programme (in case you already know) and if you require financial support;
- your motivation letter;
- your CV;
- copies of your academic records;
- copy of your identity document.
Application deadline is October 30, 2017.