DTU Biosustain PhD Scholarships for Danish Citizens in Denmark 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .DTU Biosustain PhD Scholarships
, The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) invites applications for PhD scholarships in synthetic biology tools for cell factory development. The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programs of DTU. Applicant should have master’s degree in engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree. The period of employment is 3 years. The last date of submission of application is 1st July, 2015.
Technical University of Denmark.
Scholarships are awarded in synthetic biology tools for cell factory development.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD research programme at the Technical University of Denmark.
- Master’s degree in engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Systematic and targeted work manners
- Good analytical skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed within a competitive research field
- A strong motivation to work on biosustainable solutions at the interface of industry and academia
Danish citizens are eligible to apply for these PhD scholarships.
What does it cover:
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD students.
Preference is given to candidates with experience in:
- Microbial cell cultivation
- Understanding of yeast genetics
- Omics-based technologies and data analysis
- Molecular biology and metabolic engineering of yeast
Applicants should apply online. Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
The last date of submission of application is 1st July, 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Denmark