- Information Technology
- Library Operations and Management
- Global Cooperative Librarian-ship
Course Level: Scholarships are available for Fellowships.
Promising library and information science professionals who are in early stages of career development and who meet all of the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Be employed in a library or information center.
- Have a qualifying degree in library or information science. The qualifying degree may vary depending upon country of origin, but should be the general library or information science degree recognized in the country. Normally a PhD is not considered a qualifying degree, because the Fellowship program is targeted for early career librarians.
- Have obtained the qualifying degree between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2014.
- Have at least three years, but no more than eight years, of library or information science experience. For the 2016 program, applicants must have library or information science experience that begins no earlier than January 1, 2007 and no later than January 1, 2012.
- Be a legal national from a qualifying country (see list of Qualifying Countries) and be working as a librarian or information science professional in that country.
- Read and speak English proficiently.
- Be prepared to work as a team member with other Fellows and to participate as required in this fast-paced program.
- Have a valid passport.
- Be able to obtain documentation permitting legal entry into the United States or any other country required for program participation.
- Be able to obtain documentation permitting legal entry into the United States or any other country required for program participation