Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Full Time

Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Dundalk Institute of Technology
  • $ See Details
    1st year fees
  • 304
  • Campus
  • Bachelor
  • 4 years


This four-year course is designed to fully equip graduates with the skills required to function as an engineer in the areas of Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Services, Control, Automation, Energy Production and Renewable Technologies. Graduates of Electrical and Electronic Engineering design, specify, supervise and operate complex systems and products based on electrical principles used in these areas.

Electronic and Electrical Engineers work in a broad and exciting engineering field that includes renewable energy, power generation and distribution, product design, telecommunications, IT, manufacturing, food processing, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, medical, transport, automation, control, building services, petrochemicals and research.

This course aims to produce well-rounded engineers with a high level of analytical and engineering design skills and was designed in collaboration with industry to meet the strong demand for engineering graduates in this sector for current and future needs.

Admission Requirements

Six Grades at O6 or H7 in Leaving Certificate

→ INCLUDING At least two H5 Grades
→ AND Mathematics Grade H5
→ AND English Grade O6 or H7 OR Irish Grade O6 or H7
→ AND Minimum Points Score of 300.

Courses Units

You need to complete 304 credit hours to successfully obtain this degree. Please check detail of study units at

More Information

The course is delivered via lectures, tutorials and practical lab classes. There are on average of 24 contact hours per week of which 60% is practical based, with the remaining 40% consisting of classroom lectures.

External work placement takes place in Year 3 and in the final year students undertake a year-long project.

Career Opportunities

You can join one of the following careers:

popular courses