EPFLinnovators Scholarships for International PhD Students, Switzerland, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at Federal Institute of Technology . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne has launched new PhD funding scheme for international students. This PhD Scholarship is designed to develop the innovation potential of EPFL’s PhD students.
The EPFLinnovators programme aims to attract excellent PhD candidates with an interest in entrepreneurship to EPFL and (i) increase their awareness – from the very beginning of their PhD studies – of the possibility to initiate a start-up, (ii) increase the number of PhD candidates who create a start-up and become an entrepreneur/innovator, and (iii) to increase the success of their start-ups once these have been created.
About Institute: Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne is a research institute and university in Lausanne, Switzerland, that specializes in natural sciences and engineering.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Available Subject: EPFLinnovators PhD studies may be held in any of the 20 doctoral programmes within the EPFL.
Scholarship Benefits: The EPFLinnovator’s remuneration follows the EPFL guidelines for Doctoral student’s salary. The EU contribution to the salary of the doctoral candidate must, therefore, be completed by the thesis director.
Eligible nationalities: Citizens of any nationality may apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Following eligibility criteria apply:
- Citizens of any nationality may apply with no restriction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political views, language or nationality of the candidates
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent)
- Applicants must fulfil the transnational mobility rules: must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for >12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the submission deadline
Application Procedure: You will be asked to upload a pdf version of the following documents:
- Official transcripts of diplomas and grades from all academic institutions of higher education you list in your application (after and not including high-school)
- Certified translations of diplomas and grades into English if not originally in French, German, Italian or English
- Statement of objectives
- A copy of your passport or official identity document showing your name in full
Once you have uploaded all these documents and confirmed all the details you have provided, you will be asked to complete and submit your application by validating it.
You will first have to fill in the online application form. You will be asked to provide information on your personal details and your academic background, the doctoral program you wish to apply to, as well as your statement of objectives and the contact details of three referees.
Deadline: January 15, 2018