EuropeAid Faces2Hearts Worldwide Blogging Competition, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Competition level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Faces2Hearts is a worldwide blogging experience that will take 4 young people on a 5-month journey across 3 continents. They will discover projects that change peoples’ lives for the better, supported by the EU. And they will reveal the often unreported stories of the fascinating people they meet – stories of positive change and hope.
This unique opportunity is offered by EuropeAid, the EU’s International Cooperation, and Development department, sitting within the European Commission. Its main mission is to eradicate poverty and achieve sustainable development worldwide. To achieve this EuropeAid works closely with EU member states, UN agencies, and global and local civil society.
is a journey to the hearts of people. It is about the people that our 4 bloggers encounter along their journey, the environments and communities they discover. The bloggers will go beyond faces or stereotypes to reveal compelling stories to the world, stories of positive change, often unreported, stories inspired by projects funded by the European Union:
the largest development donor in the world.
Faces2Hearts are looking for 4 bloggers in total (our faces) with one face to be selected from each of 4 global regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America). Each winning face will travel and meet fascinating people within his or her own region, except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa. The region which you can apply to depends on your nationality and the language requirements vary according to the region: for Asia-Pacific and English-speaking Africa a high level of English is required; applicants to Latin America and French-speaking Africa will additionally need a high level of Spanish and French respectively.
All will be uncovering stories of people whose lives were changed for the better through projects supported by the EU.
How it will Work:
- 21 – 31 years old and free to travel for the first half of 2018
- An engaging storyteller, a creative mind and a good relater of emotions
- A self-sufficient, responsible and resourceful traveller
- An adventurer – willing to try and discover new things
- A lover of social and human interaction
- A sensitive listener to people’s stories
- A skilled multimedia user (photography, video, social media, writing)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and, according to the region you are coming from, fluent in spoken and written Spanish or French
There are 4 stages in this adventure:
The first stage, the competition, which will run for one month during October 2017, will select four diverse young people to undertake the journeys.
How to Apply:
- One winner will be selected from each of four global regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America). All four bloggers (our faces) will receive training in Brussels in late 2017 and be provided with audio-visual equipment, which they can keep after the project.
- Their journeys will take place during the first half of 2018 and each of our faces will travel and discover stories within his or her own region, except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa. It is envisaged that each Faces2Hearts journey will include time in 6 to 8 countries in the region.
- The Faces2Hearts bloggers will discover projects that change people’s lives for the better, supported by the EU. And they will reveal the often unreported stories of the fascinating people they meet – stories of positive change and hope. They will record their experiences, interactions, and feelings in regular blog postings (including videos and photos) and through a variety of social media channels. Regular challenges will also be set for the 4 bloggers and there will be many opportunities to interact with their followers.
- The project will culminate at the European Development Days in June, where our four faces will share their stories and confront their views with development professionals. The European Development Days are the EU’s leading forum on development and take place in Brussels. Over the years, it brought together 42,000 participants from 154 countries including 100 world leaders.
To apply you must fill in the form on this website, but you will need to do a few things before you start.
- First, think about yourself and a human story that touched your heart. Make a short video in English – no more than 60 seconds long – telling us about the story and why YOU are the right face for this adventure – be original and inspire us! If you can touch our hearts – you could be a winner!
- When you are good to go with your video, upload it to YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion. Copy the link to your uploaded video.
- You will also need a profile picture to upload with the form plus URL links to your social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram Twitter etc).
- Now fill in the application form – including the link to your video – click ‘submit’ and you are done! Please be aware that you cannot modify your application once it is submitted.
- Your application will be checked, and if all is OK, then your video will be posted on the Faces2Hearts website.
- Now show off your social media skills and promote your video with posts on your social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram Twitter etc.). So, tell your followers, friends, and family now! Don’t forget to tag your posts with #Faces2Hearts!
October 31, 2017