European History Papers, 2013 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION EUROPEAN HISTORY, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (PART-I MCQs) 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 20 (PART-II) 2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 80
NOTE: (i) First attempt PART-I (MCQs) on separate OMR Answer Sheet which shall be taken back after 30 minutes. (ii) Overwriting/cutting of the options/answers will not be given credit.
PART-I ((MCQs) (COMPULSORY)
Q.1. (i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20x1=20) (ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
1. Luftwaffe was the name of: (a) German Air Force (b) Russian Air Force (c) French Air Force (d) Italian Air Force
2. Fabian Society was formed in: (a) America
(b) England (c) France (d) Spain
3. Einstein’s research experiments deal with: (a) Atomic theory (b) Quantum Theory (c) Relativity Theory (d) Computer Theory
4. George Jacques Danton was:
(a) Austrian Terrorist (b) Russian philosopher (c) British Economist (d) French Moderatist
5. What in the meaning/understanding of the term “Weltpolitik”? (a) World politics (b) National politics
(c) Regional politics (d) Local politics
6. Who was ‘Adophe Thiers’? (a) German statesman & historian (b) French statesman & historian (c) British statesman & historian (d) Russian statesman & historian
7. When ‘Fashoda Incident’ happened? (a) 1896
(b) 1897 (c) 1898 (d) 1899
8. In 1807 the Battle of Friedland was fought between: (a) France & Germany (b) France & Britain (c) France & Italy (d) France & Russia
9. Who was the great revolutionary leader who led Vietnam to independence? (a) Chew Kai Sheck (b) Sun Yat Sen (c) Nelson Mandela (d) Ho Chi Minh
10. ___________the STATES GENERAL was the: (a) National Assembly of France (b) Federal Assembly of Germany (c) Representative Assembly of Spain (d) Regional Assembly of Italy
11. The Treaty of Basle was signed in 1795 between: (a) France & England (b) France & Prussia (c) France & Austria (d) France & Germany
12. Napoleon-I was defeated by Nelson in the Battle of Nile in: (a) 1797 (b) 1798 (c) 1799 (d) 1800
13. The renowned book ‘MEIN KMPF’ was written by: (a) Mussolini (b) Hindenburg (c) Churchill (d) Hitler
14. In 1804 the Serbs raised the standard of revolt against the Turkish rule under the leadership of: (a) Alexander (b) Metternich
(c) Franco (d) Karageorge
15. From 1812 to 1822 Castlereagh served as the foreign minister of: (a) England (b) France (c) Germany (d) Russia
16. Who was GARIBALDI: (a) German soldier & patriot (b) Russian soldier & patriot (c) Italian soldier & patriot (d) Spanish soldier & patriot
17. In 1904 the Entente Cordiale was signed between: (a) England & France (b) England & Germany (c) England & Russia (d) England & Italy
18. Alexander-II ascended the throne of Russia in: (a) 1880 (b) 1885 (c) 1890 (d) 1895
19. The first written Constitution of France was enforced in: (a) 1791 (b) 1792 (c) 1793 (d) 1794
20. Name the treaty which ended the Crimean war: (a) Treaty of London (b) Treaty of Berlin (c) Treaty of Paris (d) Treaty of Rome
NOTE: (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book. (ii) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper. (iii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks. (iv) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.2. What was the ‘Continental System’ and why did Napoleon try to enforce it after 1806? Why did he fail? (20)
Q.3. ‘The Vienna settlement of 1815 was dictated throughout by consideration of power politics’. Examine this view comprehensively. (20)
Q.4. ‘Eighteen years of neglect at home and obedience to Britain abroad’. Explain this comment on the reign of Louis Philippe. (20)
Q.5. What were the greatest obstacles in the way of German Unification from 1815 to 1848? Give your analysis. (20)
Q.6. ‘The Tsar believed that God had given them the duty to rule Russia without challenge or opposition.’ How was this belief put in to effect by Nicholas-I and Alexander-II? (20)
Q.7. Explain the principal causes and results of the Crimean War. (20)
Q.8. Write short notes on any TWO of the following:- (10 each) (20) (a) Foreign policy of Bismarck (b) Causes of First World War (c) New Imperialism (d) Metternich and problems of Habsburg Monarchy (1815-1848)
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (PART-I MCQs) 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 20 (PART-II) 2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 80
NOTE: (i)First attempt PART-I (MCQs) on separate OMR Answer Sheet whichshall be taken back after 30minutes. (ii) Overwriting/cutting of the options/answers will not be given credit.
PART-I ((MCQs) (COMPULSORY)
Q.1.(i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMRAnswer Sheet. (20x1=20) (ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered. 1. Great Britain declared war against Germany in 1939 because Germany had attacked: (a) Poland (b)Austria (c) Spain (d)France 2. What was the duration of First World War? (a)1914-1917 (b)1914-1918 (c) 1914-1919 (d)1914-1920 3. Mustafa Kamal Ataturk was President of Turkey for: (a)12 years (b)14 years (c) 16 years (d)18 years 4. After the overthrow of Tsar in 1917 the Russian provisional government was headed by: (a)Lenin (b)Stalin (c) Kerensky (d)Trotsky 5. The structure and principles of the League of Nations were contained in its: (a)Preamble (b)Charter (c) Manifesto (d)Covenant 6. Black Hand was: (a)German Elite Force (b)Serbian Secret Society (c) Italian Fascist Squad (d)British Spy Agency 7. The Siege of Leningrad lasted for: (a)600 days (b)700 days (c) 800 days (d)900 days 8. Who said this,”I have no further territorial claimsto make in Europe”? (a)Stalin (b)Hitler (c) Mussolini (d)Franklin Roosevelt 9. Which British Prime Minister confronted problems soon after the Suez crisis of 1956? (a)Harold Macmillan (b)Clement Attlee (c) Anthony Eden (d)Winston Churchall 10. The number of the founder members of UNO was: (a)45 (b)55 (c) 65 (d)75 11. Which was the German ballistic missile powered by a rocket engine used during World War-II? (a)U-2 (b)V-2 (c) W-2 (d)X-2 12. Marshall Plan (1947) aimed at: (a)Providing economic aid to European nations (b)Defeating Communist guerillas (c) Establishing European Common Market (d)Developing a Military Academy in Europe 13. The purpose of Kellogg-Briand Pact (1928) was: (a)Help USSR against Germany (b)Give economic help to France (c) Outlaw war as an instrument of policy (d)Help England against Germany 14. The Dunkirk Evacuation took place during: (a)The Crimean war (b)The Balkan Wars (c) The First World War (d)The Second World War 15. Mussolini used the term “MARE NOSRUM” (our sea) for: (a)Adriatic Sea (b)Black Sea (c) Dead Sea (d)Mediterranean Sea 16. What was the name of British Prime Minister who resigned on May 10, 1940? (a)Baldwin (b)Churchill (c) Chamberlain (d)George Lloyad 17. During the Second World War Mussolini was imprisoned on the orders of King Victor Emmanuel in: (a)1941 (b)1942 (c) 1943 (d)1944 18. The city of Yalta where the big three met in February 1945 is located in: (a)Russia (b)USA (c) France (d)Norway 19. After the Second World War the term ‘Reparations’ meant: (a)Payments to allies by USA (b)Payments to allies by Germany (c) Payments to allies by Prussia (d)Payments to allies by Italy 20. From the term German Diet is meant: (a)German Food (b)German Army (c) German Assembly (d)German national dress
NOTE: (i)Part-IIis to be attempted on the separate Answer Book(ii)Candidate must write Q. No.in the Answer Bookin accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper. (iii)Attempt ONLYFOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.(iv) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered. Q.2. Describe the part played by Italy, Turkey and the USA during the First World War. Why did each of these countries become involved in the war? (20) Q.3. How successful was the League of Nations as an instrument of collective security? What major contributions were made by the League at the World level? (20) Q.4. Describe the achievements of Mussolini at home and abroad between 1922 and 1936. Why did Italy become the ally of Germany in 1936? (20) Q.5. ‘The problems of the Weimar Republic stemmed from the Treaty of Versailles.’ Comment on this view of the failures of the Weimar Republic. (20) Q.6. Why did the European War of 1939 become the World War of 1941? Give your comprehensive comments. (20) Q.7. Explain the aims of Soviet policy in Eastern Europe between 1945 and 1955? How far were they achieved? (20) Q.8. Write short notes on any TWOof the following:- (10 each) (20) (a) Charles de Gaulle’s contribution to France (b) Warsaw Pact (c)Development of cold war (d) European Common Market
European History Papers, 2013 is available to undertake level programs at .
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.