FIG Foundation Scholarships for Developing Countries, Denmark is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
FIG Foundation Scholarships for Developing Countries, Denmark
FIG Foundation is offering PhD scholarships for applicants from low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy. The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships of up to 4,000 euros to PhD students. Applicant must be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying are eligible to apply. The application deadline is 1 March 2016.
Subject Offered: Scholarships are awarded solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Participating Institution(s): FIG Foundation, Denmark.
Eligibility: Applicant must be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying
- in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy ,
- must have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor, should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants from low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Benefit: Successful applicants will qualify for a further grant of up to 3,000 euros to attend and present a peer reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
Application Procedure for FIG Foundation Scholarships for Developing Countries
Application Procedure: Applications are to be sent to fig.foundation-at-fig.net with “FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship Application” shown in the Subject Line. Applicants are not to contact Foundation directors individually. Decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into during or after the competition.
- Applicants should submit the following set of documents in English in the order set out below as a single file in PDF format on A4 paper: A cover sheet showing the candidate’s personal details and those of his/her institution.
- A 200 word abstract. This should be written in terms understandable to the lay person; similar to a press release and which the FIG Foundation could actually use as a press release in the event of a successful application.
- A one page research proposal as per the template below on A4 size paper. Note that the one page limit will be strictly enforced; material that extends beyond one page will be deleted.
- A copy of the paper that has been re-submitted to the journal after corrections have been completed. A letter from the editor of the journal indicating that the paper has been accepted and that the necessary corrections have been completed satisfactorily.
- The journal paper’s referees’ reports. A list of peer reviewed journal publications over the last 6 years using the International Journal of GIS reference list format.
Deadline: The application deadline is 1 March 2016.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
More about FIG Foundation Scholarships for Developing Countries
The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships of up to 4,000 euros to PhD students. Successful applicants will qualify for a further grant of up to 3,000 euros to attend and present a peer reviewed paper at a FIG conference. Applications will be judged on the quality of the application and need. In the event that two excellent applications are judged to be of equal quality, applications from low-income and lower-middle income countries will be preferred.