Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) Regional Fellowship Programme in Italy, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD, Research level programm(s) in the field of Forestry, Agriculture, fisheries taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations is accepting applications for Regional Fellowship programme for the year 2018. Nationals of FAO Member Nations are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The Fellowship Programme is designed to attract fellows, typicallyPh.D.D students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels, strengthening staff capacity to support improved governance and monitoring and evaluating its interventions assessing its experiences for lessons learnt with a view to building our governance-support capacities.
Fellowships are available to PhD students, researchers and professors.
Fellowship is awarded in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry.
FAO does not pay any remuneration to fellows. However, medical coverage related to service-incurred is provided, with FAO paying the full premium. Fellows will be responsible for arranging, at their own expense, medical insurance covering non-service incurred during the duration of the assignment.
Candidates will be assessed against the following requirements:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
- Candidates with family members (defined as the brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellowship Programme.
- Candidates should have an appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
Nationals of FAO Member Nations are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
To apply, visit the recruitment website and complete your online profile. Only applications received through recruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a research proposal.
Vacancies will be removed from recruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Fellowship application deadline is December 31, 2017.