Full PhD Scholarship Programme at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Full PhD Scholarship
, Applications are invited for Full PhD Scholarship at Royal Collage of Surgeons commencing on 1st October 2015
. For academic year 2015/16, there are three Dilmun Scholarships available which will provide full funding (student stipend BHD600/- per month = 1600 US$ per month) in one of each of the three subject areas. Students will undertake the full-time Dilmun Scholar Programme over five years. This includes a one-year pre-doctoral training year to be spent in RCSI Dublin where students will undertake some structured learning of core PhD skills while learning pertinent skills in the research group of their Dublin host. The application deadline is 8th August, 2015.
National University of Ireland and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Scholarships are awarded in one of the three subject areas. The project titles are listed below.
-Population Health: Diabetic foot ulcers in Bahrain: an epidemiological profile of the prevalence, clinical care, economic cost and impact on quality of life. Supervisors: Professor Zena Moore (RCSI Dublin) and Dr. Khalifa Elmusharaf (RCSI Bahrain)
-Basic Science: Pro-angiogenic scaffolds, adipose derived stem cells and low level laser biostimulation: tissue engineering a novel autologous skin graft for diabetic wound healing in the Middle East. Supervisors: Professor Fergal O’Brien (RCSI Dublin) and Dr. Michael Keogh (RCSI Dublin)
-Translational / Clinical Science: The Clinical Significance and Mechanism of sepsis-induced thrombocytopenia. Supervisors: Dr. Dermot Cox (RCSI Dublin) and Dr. Manaf Al Qahtani (RCSI Bahrain).
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme at the Royal College of Surgeons.
- Applications are invited from high achieving students who are passionate about pursuing research within the areas of Translational/Clinical Science, Basic Science and Population Health.
- RCSI requires students to have completed 12 years in high school (in the scientific stream). Students must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in science or equivalent in related field, with a minimum score of 2.1. In addition, students must hold a Master’s Degree in Science or related field.
- Students spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, a TOEFL or IELTS test is required. RCSI seeks a minimum TOEFL test score of 577 (paper based test), 230 (computer based test), 88-89 (internet based test) or a score of 6.5 under the IELTS test.
Irish and international students can apply for these scholarships.
What does it cover:
Scholarships will provide full funding (student stipend BHD600/- per month = 1600 US$ per month). The Dilmun Scholar Programme will make a generous sponsorship available to the successful candidates. This scholarship offers each of the three successful students the following:
- Travel to Dublin (flights, local travel) paid annually for the five years
- Funding for all supplies and scientific materials to complete the relevant PhD project
- Funding to attend relevant conferences as part of PhD training
- Full Foundation and PhD registration fees paid for 5 years
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses of BHD600/- per month for 5 years
Students should demonstrate a high level of ambition and a desire to excel in their field of study. Candidates applying must be available to travel to Ireland at the end of this September and to study in Ireland for one year before continuing their studies based in Bahrain. Each candidate’s application will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicant will be notified of the outcome of your application in due course.
Applications for the Dilmun Scholar Programme will be received by RCSI Bahrain’s Admissions Team; however, the successful students will be registered for the Programme at RCSI Dublin. Please ensure you include all supporting documents with your completed application form:
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in the chosen subject area
- of high school certificate
- Copies of transcripts / degree/s
- Proven proficiency in the English language (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Clear copy of your valid passport
- Current copy of your C.V. (3 pages maximum)
Your completed application form and supporting documents should be forwarded by email to phdadmissions-at-rcsi-mub.com. All applications will be assessed by the academic staff and you may be required to attend an interview.
The application deadline is 8th August, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Ireland