Full Time Postgraduate Studentships at CREET in UK 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Full Time Postgraduate Studentships at CREET in UK 2015
The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology (CREET) at the Open University is awarding a limited number of full time fully funded and partially funded studentships for UK, EU and international students. Applicants should have, or expect, a 2.1 or above in an undergraduate degree or a Masters degree in education, language studies, psychology, computer science or another appropriate discipline. Half-funded studentships are also available for applicants who have already secured an external sponsor and they should indicate this in this application when they apply. Applicants who are able to fully fund themselves are very welcome to apply to CREET. The studentships are full time at the Milton Keynes campus and students are normally expected to live within commuting distance of Milton Keynes. The application deadline is 9 March, 2015.
- Full Time Postgraduate Studentships at CREET in UK 2015 are awarded in the field of Applied Linguistics, Childhood Studies, Education (including International Education), Languages, Technology Enhanced Learning and Literacies.
- Studentships are available for pursuing MRes and PhD programmes.
- The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology, The Open University is providing these Scholarships.
In terms of qualifications, experience and expertise, it is essential that candidates have the following:
-A good degree at 2.1 level or above relevant to the area in which they are applying or
-A Master’s degree in a relevant area
-Knowledge of and some experience of using qualitative/quantitative research methods
-Commitment to disseminating research findings
-Good written and spoken communication skills. It is a requirement that all non-native English candidates demonstrate that they have passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
-The ability to work collaboratively with supervisors
-The ability to work independently and manage time effectively to ensure completion within the funded period.
- Funding is available for UK, EU and International students.
- The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology, at the Open University has an international reputation for the quality of its research. Providing research students with a supportive environment and excellent research facilities ensures a future supply of first class researchers. CREET offers you a unique opportunity to study for a PhD in Applied Linguistics, Childhood Studies, Education (including International Education), Language and Literacy Studies, Technology Enhanced Learning with guidance from world-class experts in the field. If you feel that the challenge of research in these exciting and interesting areas is for you and you have the drive and intellectual curiosity to pursue postgraduate research, then they look forward to hearing from you! They welcome proposals for interdisciplinary research in these areas.
- CREET is offering a limited number of fully funded, partially funded full-time studentships and half-funded studentships.
- Studentships are awarded for the duration of three to four years.
- full time fully funded and partially funded full-time studentships are available. Students who are awarded a fully-funded studentship receive a tax-free bursary covering three or four years study. The anticipated grant rate for fully funded studentships for 2015-2016 will be £13,840, which is reviewed annually in line with Research Council norms and a research training grant.
Applicants are shortlisted for interview on the basis of the following criteria: appropriate qualifications; the quality of the proposal; fit with CREET research and availability of two appropriate supervisors. The research proposal and interview performance are evaluated according to the following criteria:
-Fit with CREET research
-Entry level subject knowledge (i.e. knowledge of theoretical and recent research literature pertaining to the proposed research area)
-Rationale for the proposal (i.e. the relationship between the proposed design of the research, the research questions and/or hypotheses and the proposed method of analysis)
-Knowledge and understanding of proposed research methods (i.e. why certain methods have been proposed in comparison with alternatives)
-Feasibility of the design (i.e. the scope and context of the research; proposed sampling methods; data collection methods and possible sources of bias)
-Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between analysis, interpretation and theory
-Knowledge and understanding of the ethical considerations that need to be taken into account in the conduct of the research
-Knowledge and understanding of the process of research and knowledge generation (i.e. the need for research to be generalizable and replicable).
How to Apply:
- Shortlisting will be completed as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews will be held during April/May 2015. Candidates will be asked to provide a copy of a recent piece of academic writing.
Complete the application form
. The form has been designed to give the information needed at this initial stage and allows candidates to be considered in an even-handed way. Applicants must send with their application form a research proposal of approx. 1,500 words explaining the nature of their interest in the subject, with details of any previous work in this area or any related areas. Two academic referees should be nominated. Please provide full contact details in the Referee section of the application form, stating any reservations you may have about our approaching them. Please be advised that the CREET Postgraduate Office is responsible for requesting references from your referees. Both the application and research proposal should be sent by email.
The Full Time Postgraduate Studentships at CREET in UK 2015
application deadline is 9 March, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Share this Scholarship for others