Are you looking for a fully-funded opportunity to study in the UK? Well, Swansea University is offering a fully-funded scholarship for international students to assist them during their P.h.D degree in materials engineering.
The scholarship is available for all international students and it will provide tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609 plus additional expenses to the selected students.
Fully-Funded CISM PhD Scholarships in Materials Engineering at Swansea University for International Students, UK 2022 is available to undertake PhD level programs at Swansea University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609 for three years.
Additional research expenses will also be available.
Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level or preferably Master’s at Merit (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University) in Physics, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or Chemistry. See - Country-specific Information for European Applicants 2019 and Country-specific Information for International Applicants 2019.
English Language requirements: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each individual component) or Swansea recognised equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to UK and EU based students only. EU Students must be eligible to receive the EU Transitional Bursary Scheme.
NB: If you are holding a non-UK degree, please see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if you meet the eligibility.
If you have any questions regarding your academic or fee eligibility based on the above, please email [email protected] with the web-link to the scholarship(s) you are interested in.
To apply, please complete your application online with the following information:
- Course choice – please select Materials Engineering / Ph.D. / Full-time / 3 Year / July
In the event you have already applied for the above programme previously, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent application, in this event, please email [email protected] where staff will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Start year – please select 2022
- Funding (page 8) –
- ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – please select No
- ‘Name of Individual or organisation providing funds for study’ – please enter ‘RS85 - MVD FSE’
*It is the responsibility of the applicant to list the above information accurately when applying, please note that applications received without the above information listed will not be considered for the scholarship award.
One application is required per individual Swansea University led research scholarship award; applications cannot be considered listing multiple Swansea University led research scholarship awards.
As part of your online application, you MUST upload the following documents (please do not send these via email):
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are not able to accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g. Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email address for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirement (if applicable).
For enquiries, please contact Professor Paul Meredith ([email protected]).