The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship for the 2023-24 term in Germany is now accepting applications. The scholarship is sponsored by the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), which is the largest German organization that supports scholarship programs and other exchanges funded by the German government. The scholarship is open to students from developing countries who reside in these countries. Successful applicants will receive fully-funded scholarships to pursue a master's degree at top universities in Germany.
If you receive the DAAD scholarship, all of your expenses will be covered by the German government through the DAAD program.
The Helmut Schmidt Scholarship, which is highly regarded and provides generous funding, is now being offered by DAAD to international students who wish to study in Germany. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for the 2023 Helmut Schmidt Scholarship and the language of instruction will be English.
Fully Funded DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2023-24, Germany. is available to undertake Masters level programs at Germany Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Social Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
- The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship offers fully-funded scholarships for international students in Germany that cover all expenses.
- The scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 931€.
- The scholarship also covers contributions to health insurance in Germany and provides a round-trip travel allowance.
- Students can receive a study and research subsidy and a monthly rent subsidy if applicable.
- Spouses and/or children of scholarship recipients may also be eligible for allowances.
- The scholarship includes a mandatory 6-month German language course, which is held at selected institutes in Germany and not at the universities offering the selected master's programs. Even those attending a master's program taught in English must take this language course.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
- The most recent degree must have been obtained within the last six years.
- The scholarship is available for graduates in the fields of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration.
- Applicants must be from a developing country.
- Applications must be submitted in either German or English.
- A language test may be required as part of the application process.
- Applicants must fulfill additional requirements specific to the master's program they are applying for.
- Step 1: Complete the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (annex 2) once, indicating your first and second preferred study programs.
- Step 2: Write a single letter of motivation justifying your choice of the two university courses.
- Step 3: Submit the completed DAAD scholarship form, along with the letter of motivation and required documents listed below, to both of the universities you have chosen. Do NOT send these documents to DAAD.