The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) is providing scholarships for the academic year 2023-24 to non-Italian citizens and Italian citizens residing abroad (IRE)**. The aim is to encourage international cooperation in cultural, scientific, and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture, and to bolster Italy's global economic system (in accordance with Law 288/55 and subsequent amendments). These scholarships are available for completion of study programs and research/training courses in Italian public or officially recognized educational institutions.
Studying in Italy as an international student can be a unique and enriching experience. Italy offers a vibrant cultural scene, with a rich history and artistic heritage, as well as a renowned culinary tradition. As an international student, you can immerse yourself in the Italian language and culture, explore stunning landscapes, and make lasting connections with people from around the world. Italian universities provide a high-quality education, with a focus on research and innovation, and offer a wide range of study programs taught in English. However, it is important to note that the bureaucracy and administrative processes in Italy can be challenging, and adapting to a new education system and cultural norms may require some effort and flexibility.
Fully Funded Government of Italy Scholarship 2023-24 for International Students, Italy. is available to undertake Masters level programs at Italy Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
The 2023-24 Government of Italy Scholarships in Italy offer a fully-funded opportunity for students worldwide to pursue Master's and Doctoral degrees. The following expenses will be covered:
- Tuition and enrollment fees exemption (subject to university policy)
- Health and medical/accident insurance provided by MAECI throughout the grant period
- A quarterly allowance of 900 Euros will be provided to students, which will be deposited directly into their Italian bank accounts.
This scholarship is open to international and domestic students.
- Applications must be submitted through the Study in Italy portal.
- Applicants must have a valid passport or identity card and upload a legible photocopy of it.
- Applicants must be foreign or Italian students living abroad (IRE) holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll in an Italian University/Institute.
- Age limits:
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses must not exceed 28 years of age.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes must not exceed 30 years of age.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision must not exceed 40 years of age.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- Italian-taught courses: applicants must have a minimum level of B2 proficiency in Italian language.
- English-taught courses: applicants must have a minimum level of B2 proficiency in English language.
- Italian language and culture advanced courses: applicants must have a minimum level of A2 proficiency in Italian language.
- No language proficiency proof is required for PhD programs and research projects under academic supervision.
Applicants must submit the application online, available upon registration on Study in Italyplatform at the following link:
We recommend to register on the Study in Italy portal through a frequently used email address, as further communications will be sent to the chosen email address.
Applications must be received by June 9th 2023, 2 pm CET.
Applications received after the deadline will be rejected.