Fully-Funded PhD Fellowship at Ghent University in Belgium, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of taught at Ghent University . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Ghent University is delighted to offer Ph.D. Fellowship in Russian literature at the Department of Languages and Cultures. The successful candidate will work on a research project on the interwar Russian émigré historical novel and prepare a dissertation on the topic.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Fellowship is available to pursue a doctoral research program.
Fellowship is awarded in Russian literature at the Department of Languages and Cultures.
- A fully funded four-year fellowship as a Ph.D. student (continuation being subject to positive evaluation after two years);
- A substantial bench fee for research purposes;
- The possibility to acquire academic and transferable skills through Ghent University’s Doctoral School program;
- You will be based in the Department of Languages and Cultures at Ghent University’s Faculty of Arts and Philosophy.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Slavic and East European studies or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You have demonstrable interest in (research on) Russian (émigré) literature;
- You have an excellent command of Russian;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- You are interested in participating in a larger research project and have the skills to work both independently as well as in a team;
- You will write and successfully defend a Ph.D. dissertation within the four years of the fellowship;
- You will contribute to the scholarly activities of the research group.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
A summary of the research project and further information about the position are available upon request.
Submit your application via email to Ben.Dhooge-at-UGent.be by October 2, 2017.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter, in which you specify why you are interested in the project and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate
- A CV
- Transcripts of records (degree, grades, etc.)
- A writing sample (excerpt from your Master’s thesis, article, etc.)
The four components of the application should be combined into one PDF file.
Additionally, a letter of recommendation should be sent by two referees directly to Ben.Dhooge-at-UGent.be no later than October 9, 2017.
Fellowship application deadline is October 2, 2017.