Germany Technische Universität Dresden Saxon PhD Scholarship Program 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at Technische Universität Dresden . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: Saxon Scholarship Program is now available for international students in all disciplines at The Dresden University of Technology (TUD) in Germany.
About University: The Technische Universität Dresden (TUD) is one of the largest “Technische Universitäten” in Germany and one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Germany. As a full-curriculum university with 18 faculties in five schools, it offers a broad variety of 122 disciplines and covers a wide research spectrum.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in all disciplines.
Scholarship Benefits: The maximum funding period is three years. In special circumstances (cf. § 5 sec. 2 SächsLStipVO), the funding period can be extended by further twelve months. The scholarship funding ends with the month in which the dissertation is submitted. The scholars receive a basic monthly grant of EUR 895.00, if applicable, a monthly family allowance of EUR 100.00 per child and material/travel subsidy of a maximum total of EUR 1,500.00.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
Who can apply?
- Prospective doctoral candidates and doctoral candidates of all disciplines at the TU Dresden.
- At least one month before the requested funding period begins a proof of acceptance as a doctoral candidate at a faculty of the TU Dresden and an enrolment certificate as a PhD student must be submitted to the Graduate Academy. The funding can only take place after submission of this proof. If this proof cannot be provided in time, please inform us immediately (if applicable, the start of funding will be postponed according to this period).
Who cannot apply?
Applicants are excluded from the Saxon Scholarship Program if their project is already publicly funded otherwise or if they receive funding from private institutions that receive public funding or if there is a legal claim to such funding.
Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: The description of the research project shall not exceed 7 pages and has to include:
- Problem statement, explanation and aim of the planned project
- Description of the topic related to the state of the art in the discipline (literary review)
- Preparatory work
- Work and time schedule for the requested funding period
There are no formal restrictions on the design of the description, but we recommend the following:
- font size minimum 10, preferably Arial
- Cover sheet and bibliography can be added to the 7 pages of the description
Deadline: March 31, 2018