The ISSS (International Student and Scholar Services) established the first-ever Global Spartan Scholarship in autumn 2020 with the aim of acknowledging and offering financial aid to international students who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must exhibit outstanding academic performance, leadership qualities, a strong dedication to globalization/international education, and demonstrate financial need.
Studying at San Jose State University (SJSU) as an international student offers a dynamic and diverse academic experience. SJSU, located in Silicon Valley, California, is known for its strong emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship, with opportunities to engage in cutting-edge technology and research. As an international student, you can expect a vibrant campus life, a supportive community, and access to a diverse range of academic programs and resources. SJSU provides opportunities for hands-on learning, internships, and networking, making it an ideal choice for international students looking to thrive in the heart of the tech industry.
Global Spartan Scholarship 2023-24, San Jose University, USA. is available to undertake Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programs at San Jose University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Awards: Scholarships will be awarded to both current and incoming new international students for the 2023-2024 academic year. The number and amount of scholarships available are yet to be determined, and will be disbursed on a semester basis: once in the fall and once in the spring. Fall 2023 GPA will determine continued eligibility for the scholarship in spring 2024. Past recipients of the Global Spartan Scholarship are ineligible to apply.
If you are currently taking classes at SJSU as an enrolled student, apply as a current SJSU Student.
If you have recently applied or been accepted to SJSU, apply as a new SJSU Student.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
Selection is based on a comprehensive and holistic review of application materials, including written essays, GPA, test scores, and other evidence of scholastic ability and academic achievement.
- Must be a fully matriculated student in F-1 status;
- Must maintain legal F-1 status;
- Must be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student*;
- Must have a minimum SJSU cumulative GPA of 3.5 (graduate students) and 3.3 (undergraduate students);
- Must have completed at least one semseter at SJSU at time of application;
- Must be an active student at SJSU for the following academic year.
*Must be enrolled in at least 7 units, if spring 2024 is your final semester or if concurrently enrolled at another institution.
The application period is from March 20, 2023 to April 24, 2023. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Access the SJSU Spartan Scholarships platform.
2. Complete the "General Application" first.
3. Next, apply for all SJSU scholarships you might be eligible for, including the Global Spartan Scholarship.