Griffith University ABC John Bean ACS Memorial Scholarship for Cinematography in Australia, 2019 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of cinematography taught at Griffith University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Griffith University is inviting applications for The ABC John Bean ACS Memorial Scholarship for Cinematography. Scholarships are available for International students.
The biennial scholarship encourages excellence in cinematography and supports the ongoing study of a talented student in the field of cinematography, with a focus on documentary.
Scholarship Provider: Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study cinematography, with a focus on documentary.
- The scholarship is valued at $25,000, paid in installments, and an intensive internship with the ABC News camera crew for a total period of 6 weeks.
- Scholarship monies will be issued in two payments, direct to your nominated bank account, after the first trimester census date for each year of study;
- $16,500 paid in 2019
- $8,500 paid in 2020. (Conditional to the successful completion of, or every effort made to complete, the internship period in year one).
- Internship dates are to be mutually agreed and scheduled prior to the University Census dates. The best times for internships (according to program production) are either February to May or July to October. The internship can be arranged to take place in any national location. Travel and accommodation costs are at the scholarship winner’s own expense and the internship location will take account of this.
- The internship is offered with no expectation of employment.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible you must:
- Applications must hold an undergraduate degree in film or a related field, with a proven track record in cinematography
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to cinematography as the primary focus of their career
- Applicants must enroll or be enrolled in the Masters of Screen Production, to commence study in 2019 specialising in cinematography.
- For full-time students only
- Griffith Film School encourages and welcomes applicants from diverse or disadvantaged communities.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Tertiary education history – must hold an undergraduate degree in film or a related field, with a proven track record in cinematography
- Personal statements
- Career goals and aims – what are your career aspiration?
- Experiences – outline your commitment to the craft and your desire for cinematography and camera work to be the focus of your career.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats – pdf, word, jpeg, or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)- including details of your creative work to date, as well as your education and employment history (optional)
- Other attachment – include details of your portfolio.
Deadline: November 21, 2018