Health and Medicine Scholarships at University of Newcastle in Australia is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Health and Medicine Scholarships
for international Students, The University of Newcastle is offering 7 full postgraduate research scholarships for both domestic and international students. Scholarships are awarded to study on a full-time or part-time basis within the faculty of health and medicine in 2015. Out of seven scholarships, three scholarships will be supported by donor funds and must fall within a specified research area. They will be known as Donor scholarships and four more scholarships will be known as Faculty of Health and Medicine Postgraduate Research Scholarships. The last date of submission of application is 15 June, 2015.
The University of Newcastle in Australia.
Scholarships are awarded for research in any area of direct relevance to understanding the causes, treatment or prevention of diabetes; any area related to children’s science and health; in cardiovascular disease and cardiovascular health and in any research area available within the faculty of health and medicine.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD or research programme at the University of Newcastle.
The scholarships are available to domestic and international students on a full and part-time basis.
Scholarships are only available to new applicants, i.e. those who have not submitted a Research Degree application at the time of advertising. Whilst the quality of the applicant and research environment are the primary criteria for selection, desirable criteria for the applicant may also include:
- Honours Class 1 (or equivalent)
- Grade Point Average of above 5.25 (or equivalent)
- Minimum English language requirements met (where applicable)
- Research Experience
- Any scholarship co-funding (including top-up) provided by the supervisor.
Both domestic and international students can apply for these postgraduate research scholarships.
What does it cover:
- A living allowance of $25,849 per annum (2015 full-time rate)
- International scholarships will cover tuition fees
- Thesis allowance
- Relocation allowance (if required) – economy airfare
- Overseas Students Health Cover – International Students Only
Primary selection for all scholarships will be academic record and research potential of the applicant as based on:
- Applicant’s academic record and CV
- A one-page proposal, prepared by the applicant, in consultation with the intended supervisor outlining:
- A brief background to the project and its significance
- Innovative aspects of the approach including specific hypothesis to be tested (if any)
- The research training environment
- The applicants’ capacity to commence candidature by 30th October 2015.
Applications (including covering letter, CV, proposal, the name of the scholarship applying for and if you are applying in a full or part-time capacity) should be send by email.
The last date of submission of application is 15 June, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Australia