Health Sciences Scholarships at Curtin University in Australia, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of psychiatric disorders taught at Curtin University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Curtin University is offering scholarships for international students within the faculty of Health Sciences. Successful applicant will conduct research on animal models of psychiatric disorders under the provision of Dr Matthew Albrecht.
Curtin is an innovative, global university known for its high-impact research, strong industry partnerships and commitment to preparing students for jobs of the future.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme within the faculty of Health Sciences.
Scholarships are awarded to a student interested in conducting research on animal models of psychiatric disorders.
The successful candidate will receive a stipend of $26,682.00 AUD for a maximum of 3 years.
Number of Scholarships:
One scholarship is available.
A minimum of a Bachelor Degree (Honours) or higher in neuroscience, neurophysiology, neuro-/psycho-pharmacology, pharmacy, electrophysiology, biomedical sciences, animal behaviour, psychology or a related field. A background in more peripherally unrelated fields (e.g., computer science, philosophy, engineering) may also consider if the candidate can show a strong interest in cognitive neuroscience. The candidate will be enrolled through the School of Public Health and will be located primarily at the Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute.
- 1st or upper 2nd class Honours, a Master Degree or equivalent
- Willingness to work with, and perform surgery on rodents (training will be provided) and a strong interest in Neurosciences, Neuro-/Psycho- pharmacology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Biological Psychology etc.
- Animal behavior
- Animal or human electrophysiology
- Biological models of psychiatric disorders
- Immune system functioning and inflammation
- Computational/statistical strengths
- Psycho-/behavioural Pharmacology
Both Australian and international students can apply for this scholarship.
Interested candidates should email Dr Matthew Albrecht the following by the closing date:
- Academic transcripts
- Information for two referees
- Cover letter with a short (1 paragraph) description of past research experience and future research interests
The application deadline is April 28, 2017.