HEC Commonwealth scholarships for PhD in UK 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
HEC Commonwealth scholarships for PhD in UK 2016
HEC invites application forms from full time Pakistani / AJK University teaching faculty members working on regular basis for PhD scholarship program offered by the Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom 2016. The scholarships are offered for PhD studies only in all disciplines. However priority areas which includes Education, Health, Economic Growth and the Private Sector, Governance and Conflict, Climate and Environment, Water and Sanitation, Food and Nutrition and Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Studies:
- Be a Pakistani/AJK citizen/permanently resident of Pakistan/AJK
- Should hold a first class Post-Graduate degree or equivalent (MS 18 years)
- Should hold a full time regular university teaching post at the time of their application to which they intended to return.
- Candidates applying for the doctoral study must provide the evidence of support from a prospective supervisor or at least one of their chosen institutions at the time of application.
- The candidates must have an overall IELTS score of no less than 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in each band in academic IELTS. The test taken no earlier than I October 2015 and no later than 06 March 2016.The British Council, on the request of HEC, will hold the IELTS test for the final nominees only
Commonwealth 2015 is open under all subjects, however priority will be assigned to below disciplines.
- Economic Growth and the Private Sector
- Governance and Conflict
- Climate and Environment
- Water and Sanitation
- Food and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Disasters and Emergencies
Final selection of the candidates and host institutions will be made by the UK Commission. The selection committee will grade the applications on the basis of:
- The academic merit.
- The quality of the proposed programme/ study plan
iii. The likely development impact that a candidate will have after their award.
How to prepare Application Package
Detailed instructions are available in the application form and also uploaded on the website, i.e. http://www.hec.gov.pk/ffspwhich must be read thoroughly, before sending application. List of UK institutions can be found at http://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities Reference letters should be submitted in sealed envelopes. Please attach following documents in your application package:-
- Download HEC-Application Form and fill it by using MS word (click here to download).
- Fill online Commonwealth application form (for respective scholarship program) through Electronic Application System (EAS), from http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/scholarships/ by selecting HEC as your nominating agency. Get three (03) printouts of your online application form (duly filled and signed by the head/Vice Chancellor), as described on HEC website. The applications without EAS Application form will not be entertained.
- Attach attested copies of all the documents (in case of O' Level & A' Level add equivalence) with EAS filled in EAS application form (03 sets in spiral binding each separately). One set of HEC application form along with Online Bank Deposit Slip endorsed by employer separately, as mentioned in the HEC-Application Form, available on the HEC website.
- Surety Bonds one (01) copy (each) (Downloaded from here)
- Undertaking one (01) copy (each) (Downloaded from here)
- Passport Copy one (01) copy (each)
- Medical History Certificate (Downloaded from here)
- Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 1000 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401is being maintained for the purpose.
- HEC will conduct interviews of potential candidates initially prescreened by Commonwealth through the experts at HEC and after interview, finally shortlisted candidates will be required to take IELTS academic test and further nominated to Commonwealth UK for further processing.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after HEC deadline, i.e. October 30, 2015 will NOT be accepted, for further processing. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding. Further, final selection will be made by the Commonwealth. Please note that HEC nomination does not guarantee for final selection.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. HEC prefers equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply. Please send filled in EAS application form along-with documents in spiral binding (3 sets) each separately and one copy of HEC application form duly filled in and signed by employer separately along with bank receipt on or before,
30th October, 2015 on the address given below:
Commonwealth United Kingdom)
Higher Education Commission
Email: [email protected]
Nominations from HEC doesn’t guarantee any final selection. HEC is only facilitating agency in processing of this scholarship scheme. Therefore, HEC has no financial liability in this regard.