HEC Hungarian Scholarship Programme 2016-2017 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
HEC THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME 2016/2017
HEC invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for the Stipendium Hungarian Scholarship Programme 2016-17, launched by the Hungarian Government under bilateral Higher Education and Scientific Exchange Programme. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan. The Programme is managed by the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad and the Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for Pakistani students fulfilling the basic eligibility criteria and other requirements of Hungarian universities under following programs.
- Bachelor Degree (04 Years Degree programme after 12 years education)
- Master Degree (02 Years Degree programme after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (03 years doctoral degree (PhD) after 18 years education)
SCOPE AND PRIORITIZED AREAS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate studies Bachelor (full BA or BSc programmes): In the fields of agriculture, technical
and natural sciences
- Graduate programs Master (full MA or MSc programmes): In technology, engineering, economics and
- Full PhD studies: in English language in any field of interest. Prior to commencing higher education
studies in Hungarian, students shall take part in a one - year preparatory course at Balassi Institute or
the host institution. The students applying for programmes in the English language shall have an
appropriate knowledge of English at a certain level that is defined by the host Hungarian Institution.
FINANCIAL COVERAGE/BENEFITS UNDER THE PROGRAMME
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
- Non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40460/- (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, it is monthly HUF 100000/-(cca EUR 325) at present - for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies but the legislation is to be changed, consequently the amount is expected to be raised.
dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 30000/- to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance
As per actual (Economy Class) at the time of final selection/ departure to Hungary and return ticket to Pakistan just after successful completion of degree
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS AND HOST INSTITUTIONS
The list of available study programmes and host institutions is accessible on Hungarian website click here.
Each applicant is entitled to apply for up to three different study programmes, in order of preference. After submitting the application, the order of preference cannot be changed by the applicant.
fields that are determined in the educational cooperation programmes in effect between Hungary and the HEC.
PROGRAMS OFFERED AND SUPPORTED FIELD OF STUDY
Please visit the following websites for information about the programs offered and supported field of study:
- Applicant must be citizens of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Must be between the age of 18-22 for undergraduate programmes, for which they are applying for admission and the age should not exceed from 35 for candidates who are applying for postgraduate Master (18 years) & PhD programs on 01st March 2016.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC / Intermediate or equivalent for application in 04 year Bachelor Program.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors / or equivalent Degree for application in postgraduate Master's (18 Years) and
- The applicant must have completed 18 years Degree / or equivalent for application in PhD Program.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary Application Form and HEC application form in MS Word (Times New Roman 12 ) and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates / Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level is mandatory to be issued by IBCC.
- Candidates have to make sure that all technical / engineering/ professional programmes they are seeking admission in, must be accredited by the respective councils / governing bodies such as PEC, PMDC etc.
- The applicant must provide Police Clearance Certificate with his application.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable.
- All applicants must submit medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 1 month, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- Applicants must fulfill all other requirements set by host Hungarian university.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same
cycle of education (e.g. bachelor, master, doctoral)
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED / HOW TO APPLY
- Download HEC application form available at HEC website (Click Here), type the same HEC form in MS Word (Times New Roman 12) and get its printed copy already filled in and attach the payment receipt of Rs. 500/- with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401at HBL, H-9, Branch, Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC.
ii. Tempus Public Foundation
- All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline. After applying online get its printed copies (02 sets) and attach all requisite documents with each set separately. Prepare two application sets one each in Spiral binding separately containing print out of online Hungarian application form along with all requisite documents attached with each set. To apply online please visit:http://www.tka.hu/international-programmes/2966/stipendium-hungaricum/
- For requisite documents to be attached in Spiral binding with online Hungarian application form, please (Click Here).
- HEC may conduct interviews of initially shortlisted candidates through the subject experts at HEC
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- All applicants should note that all nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. Please send two sets of Hungarian application form along-with required documents in Spiral binding and one copy of HEC application form separately on or before, 1st March, 2016 on the address given below:
THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM OPENS IN JANUARY 2016. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING THE COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE: 1ST MARCH 2016.
FOR FURTHER QUERIES
Please visit the below mentioned website for more information.
Deputy Director HRD
In-charge Hungarian Scholarship Programme/FFSP
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad.
E-mail: [email protected]