Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science at TU Wien in Austria, 2019 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Applications are invited for Helmut Veith Stipend for Female Master’s Students in Computer Science at TU Wien in Austria. This scholarship is available for international students.
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master‘s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
At TU Wien, we have been conducting research, teaching and learning under the motto ‘Technology for people’ for over 200 years. TU Wien has evolved into an open academic institution where discussions can happen, opinions can be voiced and arguments will be heard. Although everyone may have different individual philosophies and approaches to life, the staff, management personnel and students at TU Wien all promote open-mindedness and tolerance.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Computer Science.
Female students who are awarded a scholarship receive EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years. Students, who are awarded the Helmut Veith Stipend, receive:
- EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years.
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
This scholarship is available for international students.
Prospective students or current students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply:
English Language Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one) of the following areas:
- Logic in Computer Science
• Formal Methods and Verification
• Computer Security
• Algorithms and Complexity Theory
• Databases and Knowledge Representation
• Artificial Intelligence
• Software Engineering
- Proficiency in English
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. In 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 those are:
- Master in Logic and Computation
• Master in Business Informatics
• European Master in Computational Logic
• Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
Applicants are required to have Proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol-at-retsam as a single PDF document.
Applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, but the funding will only be awarded to students who have been unconditionally admitted to a master’s program.
- Cover letter, stating the student’s intention to apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend, and other aspects the applicant deems relevant
- Curriculum vitae – CV (The applicants are encouraged to demonstrate their extracurricular portfolio)
- Complete transcripts of bachelor’s course/other academic degrees
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). In case the final certificates are not available yet, a preliminary certificate issued by the degree-awarding institution must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
November 30, 2018