Ian Parry Scholarship in Photography, UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of Photography Scholarships taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited to apply for Ian Parry Scholarship. The international photographic competition is open to young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
The scholarship exists to find and support the very best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a ‘selfie’ obsessed world.
Ian Parry was the United Kingdom, Welsh photographer and photojournalist who worked as a freelance and on assignment for newspapers including The Mail on Sunday, The Times and The Sunday Times.
Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time photographic course.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Photography.
Main Sponsor, The Incite Project, will add work from the winners to their prestigious collection and invite them to visit the collection for a private tour.
Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
Mentorship Programme, the winner of the Award for Potential will receive a year-long personal Mentorship. This year’s Mentor is the highly respected Photographer and former Ian Parry winner – Simon Roberts.
Canon, will provide equipment to the winners.
World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
Each year they hold an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24. This years Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Award for Achievement and The Award for Potential.
The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Last year we introduced a year long Mentorship Programme for the winner of the Award for Potential.
UK and international applicants are eligible t apply.
The mode of applying is online. To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will need to meet the following entry criteria:
- A covering letter including your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- A detailed project proposal of your proposed project. It should be noted that this written section is considered extremely important. The judges will need to be impressed by your ability to produce a convincing project proposal as well as your photography skills.
- A brief project synopsis (Please follow the instructions on our submit form carefully).
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Captions for each image as a word document.
The application deadline is September 1, 2017.