ICFO Postdoctoral Position for International Applicants in Spain, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of ultrafast laser science, Nonlinear Optics taught at ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The ICFO is pleased to offer a postdoctoral position in ultrafast laser science and nonlinear optics in Spain. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
As an institution, ICFO strives to be a resource for science, technology, and talent and to provide ICFO researchers with unique skills to become successful and independent future leaders, both in the academic and industrial worlds.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
In order to be eligible applicants must have a high working knowledge of English.
Position is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Position is awarded in ultrafast laser science and nonlinear optics.
Salaries will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized D.-equivalent degree(or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) in a relevant field, prior to taking up the position.
- We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with:
- Demonstrated experience in ultrafast pulse generation, nonlinear optics, and metrology,
- Knowledge in laser physics, the aspects of pulse formation and compression of few-cycle pulses, and concepts to measure pulses,
- Experience with optical simulation and ray tracing is beneficial.
- We expect excellent skills in English (written and spoken) and participation in project leadership as well as the ability to work in or lead, a team of people. Diligent work ethic, as well as a strong desire for problem-solving and team work, is essential.
- No restrictions of citizenship apply to the ICFO positions. Female scientists are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salaries will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
The mode of application is online.
To apply, suitable candidates are requested to submit (in English) the following material:
- A Cover/Presentation letter with a declaration of interest, outlining past research achievements and a description of future research aspirations,
- A Curriculum Vitae with research publications, as well as your contact details,
- Via the online application form, the candidate should indicate two referees, who we will contact for their reference letters if necessary.
Application deadline is October 31, 2017.