ILRI Postdoctoral Position for International Scientist in Kenya, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of Plant Sciences taught at International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is delighted to offer its postdoctoral position in the field of Plant Sciences and Food Safety. The position is available for African and international scientists.
The aim of the position is to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for the efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is an international agricultural research institute based in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded by the merging of the International Livestock Centre for Africa and the International Laboratory for Research on Animal Diseases.
Position is available for Post-doctoral programme.
Position is awarded in the field of Plant Sciences and Food Safety.
: Position will cover the following:
- ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance and allowances for: education, housing, home leave, and annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- D. degree in plant sciences, genetics and/or a related discipline.
- Strong experience in genetics, nutritional composition analysis and excellent analytical skills.
- Experience communicating scientific findings at conferences and other forums.
- Ability to perform in a multicultural research environment and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Strong transferable skills and experience in international research collaboration.
- Strong interest in and commitment to African agricultural research and development.
African and International scientists are eligible to apply for this position.
Applicants can apply via online:
- Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on the “Online Application” tab, above before 18 September 2017.
- The position title and reference number: PSF/08/2017 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
The application deadline is September 18, 2017.