International Engagement Awards 2013, UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .International Engagement Awards 2013, Wellcome Trust, UK
Wellcome Trust offers international engagement research awards. The International Engagement Awards have been relaunched after the success of the previous scheme. The scheme has been refocused to award projects that are linked to Wellcome Trust-funded research.
Deadline: 19 Aug 2013
International Engagement Awards are for projects that support Wellcome Trust-funded researchers in low- and middle-income countries to:
- engage with the public and policy makers
- strengthen capacity to conduct public engagement with biomedical science and health research
- stimulate dialogue about research and its impact on the public in a range of community and public contexts
- promote collaboration on engagement projects between researchers and community or public organisations.
Projects could engage:
- communities and members of the public (particularly those affected by or involved in biomedical and health research)
- science communicators, health and science journalists
- healthcare professionals, educators, field workers, community workers
- policy and decision makers.
Examples of the kinds of projects we are interested in supporting include ‘Doi Moi’
[PDF], a Vietnamese theatre project exploring bacteria and hygiene, and the Art in Global Health
projects that supported artist residencies in six Wellcome Trust-funded research centres to look at personal, philosophical, cultural and political dimensions of health research.
The audience for the project, and the engagement activity, must be in a low- or middle-income country
If you are interested in conducting research into the effectiveness of science communication or engagement, you may be interested in our Society and Ethics schemes
To be eligible, you must be either:
- directly funded by the Wellcome Trust (as a researcher, research group or institution); or
- working with a researcher, research group, institution or consortium directly funded by the Wellcome Trust.
We encourage informal discussions about potential project ideas before you submit an application, although we cannot review draft applications.
To apply for a grant of up to £30 000 for up to three years
, complete a preliminary application form [Word] and submit it to the Trust by the date indicated under the ‘Deadlines’ tab.
We will assess preliminary applications for eligibility, their link to Trust-funded research and the quality of the proposed engagement project. If your preliminary application is successful, we will invite you to make a full application.
Please note that applications that do not have an appropriate link
to Trust-funded research will not be accepted
. Such links must be agreed with the Trust-funded grantholder in advance of submission.
Final decisions will be made approximately five months after the preliminary application deadline.
Larger grants of more than £30 000
can be applied for by invitation only
to support exceptional projects.
Click here to view details.