International Excellence and Merit Scholarship at Swansea University in UK, 2017-2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Swansea University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Swansea University is inviting applications for merit and excellence scholarships to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. The university offers up to £1.5 million worth of scholarships for international students.
The aim of the Swansea University scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able international students.
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The university has enjoyed a period of tremendous growth, and we have achieved our ambition to be a top thirty research university, soaring up the 2014 Research Excellence Framework league table to 26th in the UK from 52nd in 2008.
SWELT is the official English language test for international students wishing to study at Swansea University. The test is designed, administered and marked by English Language Training Services staff and is accepted by Swansea University as an alternative to IELTS as part of applicants application for a CAS.
Scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Number of Awards:
A number of International Excellence and Merit scholarships are available.
Scholarship Benefits: Merit scholarships
worth up to £6000 for students.
- Worth up to £6000* for Undergraduate study
- Worth up to £4000 for Postgraduate study
- Applicants must be from the listed non-EU and EU countries only.
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees.
- Whilst applicants are not normally eligible to hold other Swansea University awards such as bursaries, or home country sponsorship, the Scholarship Committee may in exceptional circumstances choose to award in addition to or concurrently with such held awards.
- Applicants must be enrolling on an eligible course at Swansea University for the first time in September 2017.
- International Excellence Scholarship holders progressing into Year 2, will be eligible for a £2000 award dependent on academic results of Year 1 of 65% and above.
- International Excellence Scholarships are available for the first year only of any Postgraduate degree programme.
- Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University which must have been received by the Admissions Office by the 6st July deadline.
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their £2000 deposit.
- The International Scholarship Committee may use whatever means of assessment it thinks most appropriate in order to determine which candidates are worthy of recommendation for the award of a scholarship.
- Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co-operate in Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes.
- If it is deemed necessary for a Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
- If in the view of the appropriate Head of School, a Scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn. A Scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the Award. The candidate may be required to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified s/he may appeal in writing to the Head of the International Development Office within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University, the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee’.
- The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
- Students progressing from ICWS and students currently studying at Swansea are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee, and it may be that applicants are awarded a scholarship of a lower amount to the one which you may have originally applied for.
International Students can apply for theses scholarships.
List of Countries: Bahrain, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Ecuador, Egypt, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: SWELT is the official English language test for international students wishing to study at Swansea University. The test is designed, administered and marked by English Language Training Services staff and is accepted by Swansea University as an alternative to IELTS as part of applicants application for a CAS.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is post or electronically. Applicants must have completed an application for a place to study at Swansea University which must have been received by the Admissions Office by the 6st
Application will close on July 6, 2017.