International Fellowships at Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies, Italy is open for . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of Italian Renaissance taught at Harvard University . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Villa I Tatti, The Harvard Center for Italian Renaissance Studies offers up to fifteen I Tatti Fellowships each academic year. These fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research in any aspect of the Italian renaissance.
Villa I Tatti, The Harvard Center for Italian Renaissance Studies is a center for advanced research in the humanities located in Florence, Italy, and belongs to Harvard University. It also houses a library and an art collection, and it is the site of Italian and English gardens.
Scholarship can be taken in
- Applicants must hold a PhD, research doctorate, or an equivalent degree and be conversant in either English or Italian and able to understand both languages.
- Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research at Villa I Tatti, The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies in Italy.
- Fellowships are awarded in any aspect of the Italian Renaissance.
- Fellows are offered a study, use of the Biblioteca Berenson, lunches on weekdays, and various other privileges. The stipend is $50,000, plus a supplement towards relocation expenses. There are several apartments on I Tatti property, rent free, but with charges for utilities. A housing subsidy is made available for Fellows who cannot be accommodated within the I Tatti Estate. If the candidate receives partial salary or outside grants, this must be explained on the application or in subsequent correspondence with the Director.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Fellows are selected by an international and interdisciplinary committee that welcomes applications from scholars from all nations. The committee aims to assess the ability of candidates to contribute in a collegial way to the intellectual life of the Harvard Center. It pays special attention to the strength of the proposed project and its potential to yield original results, and to the candidate’s curriculum vitae.
- At the time of application, scholars must hold a PhD, research doctorate, or an equivalent degree. They must be conversant in either English or Italian and able to understand both languages. They should be in the early stages of their career, having received a PhD between 2006-2015 and have a solid background in Italian Renaissance studies. (NB: The PhD certificate must bear a date between January 1, 2006, and December 31, 2015, inclusive.)
- The Fellow is responsible for obtaining a visa, permesso di soggiorno, and health coverage (and, if appropriate, for accompanying family members). The Fellow must determine if a visa is required and, if necessary, obtain one before travel. Renewals or repeats of an I Tatti Fellowship are not granted. Scholars can apply to only one type of I Tatti Fellowship at a time.
Citizens of all nationalities are eligible for these postdoctoral research fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a PhD, research doctorate, or an equivalent degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be conversant in either English or Italian and able to understand both languages.
How to Apply:
Applications for the I Tatti Fellowship are accepted exclusively online.
The application deadline is October 22, 2016.