International Merit Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Sheffield in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Postgraduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at University of Sheffield . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for international merit postgraduate scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement.
The University of Sheffield is a premier-league, research-led institution with a population of over 25,000 students including more than 6,500 international students from over 115 countries.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing a postgraduate programme.
Scholarships are awarded for studying the subjects offered by the university.
Merit Postgraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual postgraduate tuition fee.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday16 June 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicant must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
Applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
East and South Africa:
Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Middle East and North Africa:
Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
South East Asia:
Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Togo, Guinea
Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey and USA
Applicants must have a bachelor degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement:
These are the qualifications most commonly presented by applicants. However, different courses require different levels of achievement in these qualifications.
How to Apply:
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS): Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) : Overall score of 61 or above, with at least 51 in each component
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (IBT): Overall score of 88 or above, with at least 17 in Listening, 17 in Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- University of Sheffield English Proficiency Test (USEPT) (graded as a percentage equivalent to IELTS point score, eg 65% = IELTS 6.5): Overall score of 65% or above, with at least 55% in each component
Applicants can apply for postgraduate study using Postgraduate Online Application Form. Applicants will need to include certain documents to support their application, for example evidence of your previous qualifications and a personal statement. They can supply these simply by uploading them to the relevant sections of your online application.
The deadline for scholarship applications is June 23, 2017.