International PhD Scholarships at Catholic University, Italy is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
International PhD Scholarships at Catholic University, Italy
Catholic University of Milan is now accepting applications for PhD Scholarships in Criminology. These will be awarded to international graduates for pursing their career in academia, research, law enforcement, international organizations, industry, or consulting. The vision of the International PhD Programme in Criminology is to become the programme of choice for highly qualified students seeking an advanced research degree in Criminology. Catholic University of Milan, known as UCSC or UNICATT or simply Cattolica, is an Italian private research university. Cattolica is the largest private university in Europe and the largest Catholic University in the world.
All the activities of the PhD are in English. This includes lectures, seminars, the PhD thesis and the final defense.
- Scholarship is offered for pursuing PhD programme.
- The International PhD in Criminology is a multidisciplinary program that integrates various fields of criminology, criminal justice, and crime prevention.
- The annual amount of each scholarship is €13,600.
- The admitted candidates residing abroad and those who hold a Master Degree from a foreign University may be refunded up to € 5,000 for documented travel and lodging expenses incurred during the 1st year of PhD due to their moving to Milan.
- Since the beginning of the 2nd year, Transcrime will increase the monthly scholarship for Ph.D. candidates up to € 1,300 net. Should the candidate undertake a study period abroad, the scholarship may be increased by a minimum of 50%.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- It is possible to participate in an informal pre-application process at any moment of the year by sending an email to the Coordinator of the Ph.D. (Prof. Francesco Calderoni, [email protected]) or to Transcrime’s Secretariat ([email protected]) and attaching an English CV. Afterwards, the candidate may be invited to submit a research proposal in English and to participate in a phone or Skype interview to discuss the proposal.
- The call for applications is published every year (in general at the end of July) and is available in English at the webpage of the PhD Office
- Candidates should have professional knowledge in (Scientific) English language.
- International PhD students can apply for these positions.
- The evaluation for the admission to the PhD is based on:
a) curriculum vitae and other titles
b) research proposal
c) phone or video (e.g. via Skype) interview
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- Applicant must have excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
- The application and the documents requested in the call for applications must be sent in pdf format to transcrime-at-unicatt.it, within the deadline indicated in the call for applications. Each candidate must send a research proposal in English for his/her Ph.D. thesis. The proposal should be divided in the following sections: review of the state-of-the-art; research problem and questions; objectives and methodology; expected results and possible limitations. The research proposal must not exceed 20 thousand characters (bibliography included).
- It is possible to participate in an informal pre-application process at any moment of the year by sending an email to the Coordinator of the PhD (Prof. Francesco Calderoni, francesco.calderoni-at-unicatt.it) or to Transcrime’s Secretariat (transcrime-at-unicatt.it) and attaching an English CV. Afterwards, the candidate may be invited to submit a research proposal in English and to participate in a phone or Skype interview to discuss the proposal.
Application Form: The call for applications is published every year (in general at the end of July) and is available in English and Italian at the webpage of the PhD Office.
- The deadline is indicated in the call for applications (in general at the end of August).