Applications are invited for Doctoral research scholarship (FSR) in Political Science-International relations starting no later than December 2017. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The university welcomes more than 30,000 students in seven locations in Brussels and Wallonia. Its main campus is in the pedestrianized city of Louvain-la-Neuve. Our university offers courses in all disciplines, from bachelor’s degree to doctoral degree level, as well as many lifelong learning programs. Placing 149th in the 2016 QS ranking of the world’s universities, UCL is ranked first among Belgian francophone universities.
Scholarship is available to pursue a Postdoctoral research program.
Scholarship is awarded in Political Science – International relations.
The PhD scholarship is awarded for two years, renewable once under certain conditions. The research will take place under the supervision of Professor Elena Aoun, mostly on the Mons campus of the UCL.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Master degree in Political Science, International relations, European Studies or equivalent degree achieved:
- With honours (equivalent of the ‘distinction’ in Belgium) and a Master dissertation that has been graded at least 16/20
- And completed no later than September 2017
- A good knowledge of the European Union and its foreign policy
- A fair knowledge of Euro-Mediterranean dynamics and of the Middle-East/Levant region would be an asset
- Perfect command of French OR English, and a good command of the other language
- A passive knowledge of Arabic would be a great asset
- A field experience would also be a valuable asset.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The application must include:
- A motivation letter
- A detailed CV
- The transcripts for each academic year (showing has taken courses and corresponding grades)
- Two letters of recommendation from two professors who can attest to the level of the candidate and his/her inclination for research
- An electronic copy of the Master thesis
- Another research paper submitted in another language than the one used for the Master thesis and that demonstrates the analytical and linguistic skills of the candidate (i.e. if the Master thesis is in English, the research paper must be in French, or vice versa).
Applications must be submitted in two PDF files to the following email address: elena.aoun-at-uclouvain.be
- The first file will comprise elements 1 to 4 mentioned above
- The second file will comprise elements 5 and 6 mentioned above. For any additional information regarding the project and/or the desired profile, please contact Professor Elena Aoun at the following email address: elena.aoun-at-uclouvain.be.
Scholarship application deadline is September 30, 2017.