Scholarship Description: The University of Maiduguri is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for master degree in Cultural Sustainability. International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: The interdisciplinary Graduate School ‘Performing Sustainability: Cultures and Development in West Africa’ is a collaborative training network for postgraduate students by the University of Hildesheim (Germany), the University of Maiduguri (Nigeria) and the University of Cape Coast (Ghana)
The initiative is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and focuses on innovative research that brings together approaches from performance, arts and culture to bear on sustainable development as defined in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s degree
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Master in Cultural Sustainability.
Scholarship Benefits: Participants in the Graduate School will pay the respective tuition fees for the programs they are enrolled in, but all costs in relation to the Graduate School (workshops, access to library and technical material) will be covered. Scholarship holders will additionally receive a monthly stipend.
Number of Scholarships: Six 2-year scholarship is available.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates will be selected based on their qualification and motivation. Special emphasis is placed on gender balance. We particularly encourage women and people from diverse backgrounds to apply. International applicants are eligible to apply but requested to relocate to Maiduguri for the study period.
Application Procedure: To apply please send the following documents:
- Research project proposal (maximum 5 pages)
- Motivation letter (2 pages) stating qualifications and interest and also indicating the specific graduate program the applicant wishes to enroll in
- CV in English
- Certificates and other relevant credentials
- 2 letters of academic reference Selection will take place in October 2018
Deadline: October 15, 2018