International Whitworth Scholarship Awards, UK, 2019 is open for European Union Students, Commonwealth Countries . The scholarship allows Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Share Institution of Mechanical Engineers . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is pleased to announce the Whitworth Scholarship Awards. This scholarship is available for anyone who has typically served at least a two-year engineering apprenticeship before starting a degree-level course.
The Whitworth Scholarship Award will not exceed a total of £21,800 for any individual. They offer awards for both undergraduate study as an MEng and postgraduate study for a master’s degree such as MSc.
Scholarship Provider: The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is committed to offering financial support to apprentices gain a university degree. Its mission is to be the recognized authority in mechanical engineering supporting a global engineering community.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate study
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any discipline offered by the university
Scholarship Benefits: Full-time study – £5,450 per year for up to four years (excluding industrial placements)
- Sandwich – The award will be paid on a pro rata basis
- Part-time study – The award will be paid on a reduced basis normally £2,800 per year
- MSc (one year full-time) £5,450
- MSc (two years part-time) normally £2,725 per year
Eligible Nationalities: British, Commonwealth or European Union
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be eligible for: Applicants must be a British, Commonwealth or European Union Citizen.
For undergraduate study
- Participants must have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least 3 consecutive years prior to undertaking study in the UK at a College of FE/HE or university.
- Candidates must have pursued a vocational route in an engineering discipline typically for at least 2 years after having left full-time education and before entering a degree-level engineering course.
For MSc study
- Applicants must be a recent graduate who has typically completed at least a 2-year engineering apprenticeship before entering an engineering degree-level course
- Students must be normally resident in the United Kingdom and have lived here for the last 3 years.
Application Procedure: To apply, Students will need to complete the application form and three reference request forms through given below:
- Mandatory for all shortlisted candidates. Interviews have been planned for Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 August 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified at the beginning of August if they are required to attend an interview, and will be given details of the locations and times of the interviews.
- Unfortunately, if a candidate is not able to attend on one of the specified dates, then an alternative date cannot be arranged.
- The Institution is able to normally reimburse up to a total maximum of £100 towards traveling expenses to a candidate who has been invited to attend an interview. Candidates are encouraged to be economical in their claim.
Deadline: June 30, 2019
International Whitworth Scholarship Awards, UK, 2019 is available to undertake Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programs at Share Institution of Mechanical Engineers.