Ireland Fully Funded Thomson Foundation Mobile Journalism Competition 2018 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Thomson Foundation mobile journalism competition is a leading showcase for mobile journalism (‘mojo’) talent. Now in its fourth year, and this time in partnership with Mojofest – a global celebration of mobile content creators – we are once again inviting entries.
If you think you have what it takes to be the next mojo star, then submit a feature story or news report filmed and edited entirely on a mobile device, which excites, intrigues and surprises and demonstrates impact and creativity.
The winner will receive a mojo kit worth nearly €1,000, plus an all-expenses-paid trip to Galway, Ireland, for Mojofest in May (29-31).
This is an open competition to find the best journalistic example of the use of mobile content production for storytelling. Last year’s competition attracted nearly 100 entries from 28 countries. The growing number of entries each year demonstrates just how the mobile phone has enabled a new generation of journalists.
Submit your work here
. Competition closing date, 10 April 2018.
The winner will receive a full mojo kit worth approximately €1,000, plus return flights to Galway, Ireland, five-star accommodation and tickets to Mojofest from 29-31 May 2018, a festival dedicated to mobile journalism and headed up by one of the most respected mojo voices in the industry, Glen Mulcahy.
Five runners-up will also receive free access to Glen’s popular mobile journalism online course from our Journalism Now
Here’s how to enter:
Create a mobile journalism story, either a feature or TV-style news report with a run time of 2-5 minutes. The most important thing is that the story is shot and edited entirely on a mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, RIM Blackberry, etc) and that the video content is delivered in high definition.
The story must be produced by ONE individual and entries will be marked on the following:
Originality and credibility of the story, demonstrating original research, effort and use of interviews.
Importance of the subject matter and the impact the story has achieved.
Uniqueness to medium:
Innovative and appropriate use of mobile-recording techniques.
Clarity of the storytelling.
Technical quality of the production.
Entries should ideally be in English, however, other languages with on-screen subtitles are acceptable.
Entries should be submitted using the entry form no later than 11.59pm (GMT) on Tuesday 10 April 2018. Full terms outlined below.
Terms, help, and questions
For any queries relating to your entry for the Thomson Foundation mobile journalism competition, please email: enquiries-at-thomsonfoundation.org
Competition closing date:
10 April 2018
The small print:
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm (GMT) on 10 April 2018. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa application and the Mojofest event going ahead and is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the winner’s images, name and voice for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.