Ireland : Ph.D food packaging for European Students is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Ireland : Ph.D food packaging for European Students
The Food Packaging Group in the School of Food and Nutritional Sciences at UCC is a dynamic research group working in the areas of Food packaging development and packaging application for food and beverage products. The post-doctoral position offered would provide a candidate with an exciting opportunity to work within a research active environment that is closely aligned to food, beverage and packaging industries. The candidate required for the post must have a Ph.D. in the area of food packaging, have worked with smart packaging materials and nanotechnologies and have an interactive knowledge of packaging testing and assessment.
: FIRM - Packaging and Chilling Technologies to Enhance Meat Quality and Safety
: 2 years 8 months
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This title will apply to newly qualified Post-Doctoral Researchers and will be considered as a period of training as the researcher will have dual goals in terms of the research project and their own career development. The researcher will be mentored by a Principal Investigator (PI). It is expected that a researcher would spend not more than 3 years at the Post Doctoral level, subject to the term of the project and would then be eligible to compete for a Senior Post Doctoral post advertised by the University.
The primary focus of the Postdoctoral Researcher will be research however a particular emphasis during this stage should include;
- To conduct a specified programme of research under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator/Project Leader.
- To engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator, School or College in order to develop research skills and competencies.
- To gain experience in grant writing.
- To engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which they are engaged, as directed by, with the support of and under the supervision of a Principal Investigator.
- To become familiar with the publication process.
- To acquire generic and transferable skills (including project management, business skills and postgraduate mentoring/supervision).
- To engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, School or College.
- To interact closely with postgraduate research students who are studying for a Masters or a PhD and possibly have an agreed role in supporting these students in their day to day research in conjunction with an academic supervisor.
- To carry out administrative work to support the programme of research.
- To carry out additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- To contribute to costing research grant proposals and assist in the financial management of a research project.
- A PhD qualification.
- Appropriate research experience.
- Appropriate technical competence and accomplishment.
- A capability of working within a project team to achieve results.
- Good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to gaining practical experience working on a research project.
- Ability to work well within a team.
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
: Dr Joe O. Kerry
: Senior College Lecturer and Head of the Food Packaging Group
: [email protected]
Please submit a short cover letter and C.V. to Dr Joe Kerry, Email Address: [email protected]
, Telephone: +353-21-4903798, on or before the closing date of 24th
Application Deadline : 24 September 2014