- Agriculture/Food production
- Water Resources/ Desertification
- Energy/Infrastructure Development
- Development-focused ICT
- Pure Science subjects
Scholarships are available for Doctoral Research Level.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
- Permanent / regular employee to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in Pakistan
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
- Computer allowance (for Ph.D. only)
- Family allowance (for Ph.D. only)
Number of Awards:
The Programme offers scholarships for study and research at two levels:
- 3-year Ph.D. study/ research, and
- 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research.
- Completely fill IDB application form
- Completely fill HEC application form with the help of computer, don’t attach both HEC and IDB forms.
- Attach all the documents with IDB Application Form as mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria section of each program (above) as well as in the How to Apply section of IDB Application form.
- Do not attach HEC application form with IDB Application form. HEC application form must be sent separately. Also, attach the print of THES list highlighting the Host University ranking number, with HEC application form only.
- Completely pin up / staple each application form, loose applications will not be entertained.
- Applicants are advised to send Three (03) Complete Sets of IDB Application Form along with a HEC Form as mentioned above on or before 27th February 2015.
- Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 500 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate HEC HBL bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose.
Send your Applications to:
- Engr. Waheed Ahmed Mangi
- Deputy Director (HRD) / In-charge FFSP
- Higher Education Commission
- H-9, Islamabad.
Application Deadline: 27 Feb 2015
Please Click Here to visit the Official website of HEC Pakistan.
Share this Scholarship for others