Islamic Development Bank Scholarships is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) has launched its Merit Scholarship Programme (MSP) for study or research in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries. The scholarship comprises tuition fees, living allowance, health insurance, round-trip air-ticket and conference participation allowance in general, and computer and dependency allowances for PhD students. The application must reach the relevant IDB Governor’s Office by December 31 each year. The Programme offers scholarships for full-time three-year PhD study or a six-twelve month post-doctoral research. The scholarship is for academic year 2013-14.
The scholarship is applicable for scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to health/medicine, agriculture/food production, water resources/desertification, energy/infrastructure development, nanotechnology and development-focused ICT.
: This scholarship is available for the PhD degree.
Islamic Development Bank
Scholarship can be taken at:
Abroad (Open to study/research at the world’s top most universities ranked by Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). However, priority is given to study/research at IDB partners universities )
- Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
- Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
Scholarship Open for International Students
: This Scholarship is open for Comoros, Syria, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Jordan, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Leone, Cote dIvoire , Brunei, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname and Senegal students.
: The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.The Programme offers scholarships for study and research at two levels: (i) 3-year Ph.D. study/ research, and (ii) 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research.Priority shall be given to those Ph.D. applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as Cambridge University, Oxford University, Nottingham University and Birmingham University in the UK, Paris-Tech in France and KAUST in Saudi Arabia, or from the top 50 universities on the THES list.
Number of award(s):
Duration of award(s):
The Programme offers scholarships for study and research at two levels: (i) 3-year Ph.D. study/ research, and (ii) 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research.
What does it cover?
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
- Computer allowance (for Ph.D. only)
- Family allowance (for Ph.D. only)
All the applications submitted to the IDB Governor’s Office are to go through the following process:
- Screening by the IDB Governor’s Office to forward to IDB the most eligible applications;
- In-house review at the IDB;
- Scientific and technical evaluation of eligible applications by a panel of external reviewers composed of scientists and experts in their fields.
- Final selection by the IDB.
How to Apply
: The applications must be submitted through the nominating institutions to the Office of the IDB Governor
for the country. It is the Office of the IDB Governor that will forward the applications to the IDB and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions. As for Egypt, applications should be forwarded through the Ministry of Higher Education, Egypt instead of Office of the IDB Governor.
Applications sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application must reach the concerned IDB Governor’s Office or its designated office by December 31, 2012.
Further Scholarship Information and Application