JAUW International Fellowship, japan 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
JAUW International Fellowship, japan 2016
JAUW International Fellowship Program is available for women to further pursue ongoing study or research at a host university or institution in Japan. Fellowship is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on the proposal. The amount of fellowship will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. Applicants must have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent. The application deadline is March 31, 2016.
Subject Offered: Fellowships are awarded in all disciplines.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to further pursue ongoing study or research at a host university or institution in Japan.
Participating Institution(s): Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW), Japan
- You are a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.
- You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
Eligible Nationalities: International students (other than Japanese) can apply for these women fellowships.
Scholarship Benefit: Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
- The amount of fellowship will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant.
-This fellowship is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on your proposal.
- One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be paid within 40 days after the initial payment. However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total) may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in Japan.
Notification: The winners of this fellowship will be notified by e-mail in early June, 2016. Toward the middle of June in 2016, their names will be made public on the JAUW web-site.University will send an e-mail notifying the results to all the other applicants by around the end of June 2016.
Application Procedure for JAUW International Fellowship, japan 2016
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted using the official forms, downloaded from JAUW homepage.
- All entries of the Application Forms must be single spaced, and typed in English. The format must be kept as specified in each form.
- Five copies of each of the completed Application Forms (i.e. both part 1 and part 2), and all other Application documents must be sent in one single packet via airmail.
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2016.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
More about JAUW International Fellowship, japan 2016
This program is to offer core funding to financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to further pursue your ongoing study/research.