Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship is open for Asian Students, Sub Saharan African Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Public Health taught at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine . The deadline of the scholarship is expired at 29 Mar 2020.
Jeroen Ensink was a Senior Lecturer in Public Health Engineering at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and a Programme Director for the MSc Public Health for Development between 2009 and 2015.
Jeroen was passionately committed to a simple cause: improving access to water and sanitation in countries where children continue to die needlessly due to the lack of these basic services. As a researcher and educator, his career crossed many continents, living and working in Asian and African countries, collaborating with numerous universities and international agencies. He was a natural educator and immensely popular with students in whom he invested much time and energy. He provided support and inspiration in equal measure and many of his students are now successful researchers and public health professionals in their own right.
Following his death on 29 December 2015, LSHTM established a Memorial Fund in his name to support students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who are committed to improving public health in low- or middle- income countries and wish to undertake the MSc Public Health for Development programme.
Applicants should follow both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline.
Submit an application for study for the MSc Public Health for Development, via the LSHTM Admissions portal.
Please ensure that all the necessary supporting documents have been uploaded to your study application before the Scholarship deadline. Applicants are encouraged to communicate with their referees as early as possible in the application process, notifying them of this deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their references have been submitted by the scholarship closing date.
Due to the introduction of a GBP 50.00 application fee at LSHTM, applicants are advised to apply early to allow time for this payment to be processed. Until the payment is processed applicants will be unable to submit an application for study. We would therefore recommend that applicants for this funding apply for their study/programme by 15 March 2020 in order to ensure that there are no processing delays which could impact on meeting the scholarship deadline.
Please note that if you are applying for admission to LSHTM and are accepted, you will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days. If you are applying for a scholarship at LSHTM, please email the Admissions team within this 28 day period, specifying the name of this scholarship and the expected decision date. This must be repeated for every scholarship for which you are applying. The admissions team will then apply an extension to the deposit deadline to match the decision deadline of the scholarship.
Submit a Scholarship Application, via the LSHTM’s Online Scholarship Application portal, indicating that you are applying for the 2020-21 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship. As part of this application you should upload:
- a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); and
- a statement of motivation of no more than 1,000 words. Your statement of motivation should address the following:
- a brief biography of your life and career, clarifying your commitment to WASH;
- your reasons for choosing the MSc Public Health for Development; and
- your future plans and ambitions in the field of public health.
Applicants must submit both CV and the statement of motivation with their scholarship application to be considered for this funding, even though they may have already submitted a statement with their application for admission. Applicants may choose to tailor this statement for the funding (and therefore submit something different to their standard MSc programme application statement).
Applicants should be aware that their application for this scholarship award may be considered alongside the documents submitted for their application to the MSc Public Health for Development programme.
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online scholarships application form, in the first instance please try clearing your browser cache and ensure that you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not fix your technical issue, please contact the LSHTM’s IT Services team, providing your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the technical issue that you have encountered. Please also attach a screen shot where possible. [email protected].
- Each applicant should submit only one Jeroen Ensink MSc Scholarship application. We would therefore encourage applicants to check carefully their online application and attachment before submission, as the first application submitted will be the one considered and there will be no opportunity to upload a statement of motivation or CV after submission.
- Applicants who have already submitted a completed 2020-21 London-based MSc Public Health for Development application for study and/or have been made an Offer of Admission for the 2020-21 London-based MSc Public Health for Development programme should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary documentation at either/both Steps 1 and 2 above.
- By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its terms and conditions.
Applications and all necessary supporting documents must be received by 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 29 March 2020.