John Crump Studentships in UK, 2019 is open for Open to all nationalities students. The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at UK Universities . The deadline of the scholarship is expired at 31 Oct 2019.
In memory of Professor John Crump, who was a Past-President of BAJS, and Senior Editor of Japan Forum, the Association is pleased to be able to offer financial support for postgraduate research students who are enrolled in a UK university research degree programme to assist during the final stages of the writing up period.
Degree Level: The John Crump Studentships in UK, 2019 is offering PhD Programms.
Available Subjects: The scholarship covers all subjects taught at the universities in UK.
Scholarship Benefits: Partial funding of £3,000 support is given to each successful applicant.
Eligible Nationalities: The scholarship is open to students from all nationalities.
- You must be a postgraduate student registered at a UK university.
- You must be in the final stages of writing up your PhD dissertation.
- You must be a member of BAJS when you apply.
- Application for the John Crump Studentship is twofold and requires students to submit their application form via the online application form. Please note that you can apply only if you are a BAJS members, so you will need to be logged in to you BAJS member's account on the site to access it.
- Once you have submitted your application online, you will be sent an acknowledgement email with a unique application reference number.
- Your Ph.D. Supervisor is also required to submit a reference. References should be sent to [email protected] and include 1) a confirmation of Ph.D. submission date, b) an honest assessment of your performance, and c) a clear explanation of the level of financial hardship you will incur up until your Viva.
- Please note, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that BAJS receives both your online application form and your Ph.D. supervisor’s reference by the deadline.
- The application deadlines are 30 April and 31 October.
- Please also note that BAJS will prioritise students who have received smaller amount of funds during their Ph.D.s.
Deadline: 31 october 2019